D&D 5E What kind of adventures would you rather see for 5th edition?

What kind of avdentures would you like to see more of for 5th edition?

• I would like to see more short term adventures.

Votes: 58 45.7%
  • I would like to see more long term AP's.

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • I would like to see a healthy dose of both.

Votes: 59 46.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 13 10.2%

SoulsFury

Explorer
I would personally like to see a book of keyed dungeon maps with logical reasons the monsters/traps are placed where they are. I can take care of the campaign hooks myself. When I use published adventures, the ones I can do this with are the best.

A book with 12 for each level tier would be great. As a bonus they could publish how you could run some of the maps as an adventure path, or how you could use them as a sandbox.

tomservo999

Explorer
In addition to short term adventures, I want good sourcebooks (like the Neverinter Campaign Setting. These will always be great adventure generators for me. Short term adventures are much easier to modify and insert.

delericho

Legend
All of the above. I want short standalong adventures that I can drop into a campaign. I want bigger, sandbox adventures that I can use as a short- to mid-term adventuring location. I want full-scale Adventure Paths than can essentially be the campaign for me.

And I don't really care if these come from WotC, their licensed providers, or third-party providers via the OGL (provided WotC provide a full SRD so that those 3pp don't have to work around the holes in the existing SRD).

Fildrigar

Explorer
The one nice thing about Horde of the Dragon Queen, is that there are a couple of chapters that are essentially small short pieces that can have your own plot added, and be easily dropped into your own campaign.

Remathilis

Legend
Dear Wizards of the Coast.

You have a bunch of PDF adventures you released during 3e. How much effort would it be to make a few like that for 5e? One every other month perhaps?

Quartz

Hero
I would like mini-adventure paths. Or mega-adventures, if you will. Something that will cover 4-6 levels or one tier.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Dear Wizards of the Coast.

You have a bunch of PDF adventures you released during 3e. How much effort would it be to make a few like that for 5e? One every other month perhaps?

Probably more effort than it would take for a DM to convert a 3E PDF to 5E. ;)

Bupp

Adventurer
I like both, and can use both. I'm running Age of Worms AP in one of my games, but I'm mixing in some single adventures as well.

I also really like some of the old school trilogies.

Remove ads