• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What Kind of D&D Character Would You Be?

Jack of Shadows

First Post
I am a:

Neutral Good Human Druid/Sorcerer (3rd/3rd Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 10
Dexterity- 13
Constitution- 13
Intelligence- 17
Wisdom- 19
Charisma- 14

Alignment:
Neutral Good- A neutral good character does the best that a good person can do. He is devoted to helping others. He works with kings and magistrates but does not feel beholden to them. Neutral good is the best alignment you can be because it means doing what is good without bias for or against order. However, neutral good can be a dangerous alignment because because it advances mediocrity by limiting the actions of the truly capable.

Race:
Humans are the most adaptable of the common races. Short generations and a penchant for migration and conquest have made them physically diverse as well. Humans are often unorthodox in their dress, sporting unusual hairstyles, fanciful clothes, tattoos, and the like.

Primary Class:
Druids- Druids gain power not by ruling nature but by being at one with it. They hate the unnatural, including aberrations or undead, and destroy them where possible. Druids receive divine spells from nature, not the gods, and can gain an array of powers as they gain experience, including the ability to take the shapes of animals. The weapons and armor of a druid are restricted by their traditional oaths, not simply training. A druid's Wisdom score should be high, as this determines the maximum spell level that they can cast.

Secondary Class:
Sorcerers- Sorcerers are arcane spellcasters who manipulate magic energy with imagination and talent rather than studious discipline. They have no books, no mentors, no theories just raw power that they direct at will. Sorcerers know fewer spells than wizards do and acquire them more slowly, but they can cast individual spells more often and have no need to prepare their incantations ahead of time. Also unlike wizards, sorcerers cannot specialize in a school of magic. Since sorcerers gain their powers without undergoing the years of rigorous study that wizards go through, they have more time to learn fighting skills and are proficient with simple weapons. Charisma is very important for sorcerers; the higher their value in this ability, the higher the spell level they can cast.

Jack

Age of Fable said:
Wouldn't everyone 'really' be a Commoner or Expert?
No, why would they be?

Even leaving the spellcasting and similar abilities aside, why wouldn't a skilled martial artist be equivalent to a monk, or a trained soldier be equivalent to a fighter, or a skilled career burglar be equivalent to a rogue. Leaving Ranger spells aside, I know a few highly skilled bow hunters that are highly skilled outdoorsmen that might be the equivalent of low-level Rangers.

When it comes to these "stat yourself" tests, I am always amazed at the people who think that everybody in the world is a Level 1 Commoner, or at most Expert. The average person may well be, but this world is filled with exceptional individuals.

Fenris

Adventurer
Odd Combo:

Lawful Neutral Human Monk/Wizard (3rd/2nd Level)

The stats are ridiculously high, and I was being honest so I won't bother posting those.

Dagredhel

Explorer
Neutral Good Dwarf Ranger (5th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 13
Dexterity- 12
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 18
Wisdom- 12
Charisma- 14

Lawful Good Human Paladin (6th Level)

Ability Scores:
Strength- 14
Dexterity- 15
Constitution- 11
Intelligence- 15
Wisdom- 15
Charisma- 12

I freely express pride in being not just LG but a paladin - but only insofar as my Paladinhood is not endangered. :)

edit: So if I'm LG does that mean I get discounts on their really good LCD's, phones, etc.?

Hairfoot

First Post
wingsandsword said:
Even leaving the spellcasting and similar abilities aside, why wouldn't a skilled martial artist be equivalent to a monk, or a trained soldier be equivalent to a fighter, or a skilled career burglar be equivalent to a rogue.
No martial artist walks at a jogging pace, slows himself when falling by scraping a wall, and has fists that do damage equivalent to a shotgun shell.

No burglar can pick a lock in 6 seconds or climb vertically as fast as he jogs horizontally.

Warren Okuma

First Post
Hairfoot said:
No martial artist walks at a jogging pace, slows himself when falling by scraping a wall,
Yup, unless you are in a movie. Jackie Chan. And DnD is very far from reality.
Hairfoot said:
and has fists that do damage equivalent to a shotgun shell.
Yup. Only in the movies. Jet Li, the one. Matrix. Etc...
Hairfoot said:
No burglar can pick a lock in 6 seconds
Yup. You need Bond, James Bond.
Hairfoot said:
or climb vertically as fast as he jogs horizontally.
Spiderman.

Welcome to DnD. Welcome to unreality. Where people can kill with a word, and 20th level characters that can kill armies (if built right), and house cats terrorize peasants. Hey, I'm a 6th level wizard, according to that web site. That's Mr. Fireball. It's a low reality universe.

Warren Okuma

First Post
wingsandsword said:
or a trained soldier be equivalent to a fighter,
Depending on MOS. Artillery guys might be Wizards, and Logistics might be Rogues, and Special Forces might be Gestalt Rogue/Rangers. Snipers might be Gestalt Fighter/Rogues and tankers might be Druids or apparatis of Kwalish drivers when translated into the low reality DnD universe.

Your rest of your comments are spot on.

Age of Fable. This quiz is for PC class. If you want the NPC class, you are in the wrong place. I think there are some forms for that somewhere.

Edit: Keep posting characters. Very entertaining.

Last edited:

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Lawful Good Human Monk (5th Level)

Ability Scores:

Strength- 13
Dexterity- 14
Constitution- 15
Intelligence- 14
Wisdom- 14
Charisma- 12

Remove ads