D&D 5E What kind of planar book do you hope for?

Which approach to the planes do you hope WotC takes?

• Planar Sourcebook - open-ended toolbox

Votes: 25 38.5%
  • Manual of the Planes - Grubbian style

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Gygaxian multiverse - Gygaxian style

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Planescape-focused - Sigil-focused

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • Spelljammer-focused - sphere-focused

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Planeswalking-focused - Magic

Votes: 1 1.5%
  • Nothing/no interest/why am I here?

Votes: 4 6.2%

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I would like a "gazetteer" that describes some classic locations (City of Brass) on different planes, and a little bit about environmental conditions nearby.

A set of short adventures - really side treks that can be dropped into the large APs for variety - covering things characters of different levels might do. For instance, low-level characters can be given a hot-air balloon and 'scuba tanks' to fill with Elemental Air and fetch some Arrowhawk feathers (ingredients that make Tokens of Feather Fall work). High-level characters could survive the trip to negotiate with an Ancient Red Dragon (and supporter of BBEG - for whatever reason) in his lair on the Elemental Plane of Fire, to withdraw that support.

If a big adventure is desired ... Do the souls of the dead spend time on a plane before going to their Eternal Reward? Like in the Odyssey, you have reason to locate an old friend (or legendary hero) and seek his counsel. He sends you to get a bunch of items and complete a 'lifes work' project. Also like the Odyssey, some of the items have guardians who want you to stay.

Edit: finally remembered the name of the flying creature from the Elemental Plane of Air. (I can still see that art from 3e MM in my mind's eye but not the name.)

Last edited:

Remove ads