• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What movie is this line from! (Some Movie Spoilers)

Welverin

First Post
333 Dave said:
Well if that line is also in the Princess Bride I wouldn't know, having never seen that movie. Try something else.

You absolutely MUST see the Princess Bride. We'll all wait for you to go rent it and come back.

Ashrem Bayle

Explorer
Re: Matrix

JDragon said:
Ok,

"It is the mental projection of your digital self"
Actually, I think that line was delivered backwards.

This should be the MAtrix, morpheus (sp) to Neo once he's aboard the Neberceneazer(sp).

JDragon

Yep. Do you see what I mean about it being backwards?

Shouldn't it be "A digital projection of your mental self."?

If it is a projection, it had to come from something originally. You have a mental self image, but you can't have a digital self without a computer to display it. It has to be a digital projection of his mental self image. You don't normally have a digital self. :)

This make any sense at all?

Welverin said:

You absolutely MUST see the Princess Bride. We'll all wait for you to go rent it and come back.

Oooh, so many quote possibilities. Too bad I'd screw them all up.

I don't want to spoil his first viewing of the Princess Bride, however....

Miho

First Post
Re: Re: Matrix

Ashrem Bayle said:

Yep. Do you see what I mean about it being backwards?

Shouldn't it be "A digital projection of your mental self."?

If it is a projection, it had to come from something originally. You have a mental self image, but you can't have a digital self without a computer to display it. It has to be a digital projection of his mental self image. You don't normally have a digital self. :)

This make any sense at all?

I see what you are saying but I think the line is right as it was said. His digital self is referring to what he looked like when still in The Matrix. The mental projection is because inside The Matrix your mind creates what you see. Umm... ok not sure I explained that at all well. Hopefully you get the gist.

Last edited:

Welverin

First Post
Heretic Apostate said:

Oooh, so many quote possibilities. Too bad I'd screw them all up.

I don't want to spoil his first viewing of the Princess Bride, however....

Good idea, plus they're so easy to get it's almost pointless, just like Star Wars quotes.

333 Dave said:
New one:
"When someone asks you if your a god, you say YES."

Didn?t someone post this one already?

Anyway did you watch the Princess Bride yet? If not you?re doing yourself a disservice, it?s like not reading the Lord of the Rings or not watching Star Wars or Indiana Jones.

Miho said:
I see what you are saying but I think the line is right as it was said. His digital self is referring to what he looked like when still in The Matrix. The mental projection is because inside The Matrix your mind creates what you see. Umm... ok not sure I explained that at all well. Hopefully you get the gist.

Drat! Now I have to know. I?d watch it to find out, but I let a friend borrow my copy.

Welverin

First Post
Everyone ignore the first group of qoutes I posted so here's one from a movie that doesn't suck:
"We're sort of like 7 Eleven. We're not always doin' business, we're always open."

Remove ads