• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What movie is this line from! (Some Movie Spoilers)

Wikidogre

First Post
Sorry folks i needed a break and start a differant thread right now, i am at work, and bored of my gaming tush!

here we go....what movie?

"I need a gun with lots of ammo!!"

Last edited by a moderator:

Wicht

Hero
Re: What movie is this line from!

Wikidogre said:
here we go....what movie?

"I need a gun with lots of ammo!!"

Hmm, Kuff's with Christian Slater comes to mind but I think the line might have been worded slightly differently.

Henry

Autoexreginated
The only other movie besides Kuffs that comes to mind is a movie called (I think) Future Kill, with Rutger Hauer.

In it, Hauer plays a cop, whose partner was killed by a monster. His new partner thinks he's crazy for carrying around so many overpowered guns - until he meets the monster. The partner's transformation is one of the most hilarious parts of the movie.

reapersaurus

Explorer
That was my guess, as well -
but the movie with Rutger Hauer is called Split Second - quite a memorable little B-movie.
Well worth seeing.

Apok

First Post
"We need bigger guns, Stone! We need some BIG F***ING GUNS!!"

Yes, Split Second would be the movie in question. Very good & definitely worth picking up as long as you aren't expecting a masterpiece. Personally, my favorite scene is when Stone's partner, Dick, is listing off all the racked weapons in the stations weapons requisition room and makes the oh-so-wonderful comment, "Too f***ing small!" over a grenade launcher...

Yeah, if it wasn't such an Alien rip-off, it would have been really good! I did enjoy it, but the whole time I felt a strange sense of deja-vu.

My wife just rented The Others last night. Same thing there: that'd would've been an absolutely great movie. Except for one thing: I've already seen The Sixth Sense.

kreynolds

First Post
Joshua Dyal said:
My wife just rented The Others last night. Same thing there: that'd would've been an absolutely great movie. Except for one thing: I've already seen The Sixth Sense.

But the delivery of the plot was so much different in The Others. Granted, I was pretty sure early on that Nicole and the Kids were dead, but I didn't realize that the housekeepers were also dead until much later on. It was enough to make it stand out on its own, and to be honest, the reason I thought that it was much better than The 6th Sense is quite simple: I figured out that Bruce was dead within the first 15 minutes of the movie, so it kinda ruined it for me, though I still like it.

By the way, if you're ever in the mood for a good ol' action movie with ghosts, I definately recommend 13 Ghosts. Sure, it's not the original, but there's plenty of good lines, a couple of really interesting characters, and the effects are top notch.

On a side note, has anybody seen Unbreakable? If you did see it, and you didn't like it, try watching it again. Why? Well, the first time I watched it, I got bored really fast. The plot didn't grip me and the character development was slower than watching grass grow. However, the second time I watched it, I picked up a lot more than before, and it only gets better every time I see it. It's too bad that it didn't make much money, as it was supposed to kick off a complete series about Bruce's character.

RogueJK

It's not "Rouge"... That's makeup.
Bah.

kreynolds, you really ought to put a spolier warning before your post. I rented The Others last night and was looking forwards to watching it today.

:mad:

Luckily, it was a free rental. I'll just return it and wait a while before watching it. I usually manage to eventually forget most spoilers that I stumble upon.

Golem Joe

First Post
Same topic...

Different quote:

"Be afraid. Be very afraid."

Yes, I know its stupid. But for the life of me I can't remember what movie its from -- only that I've seen it. :p

kreynolds

First Post
RogueJK said:
kreynolds, you really ought to put a spolier warning before your post. I rented The Others last night and was looking forwards to watching it today.

Technically, it wouldn't matter if I put a spoiler warning in there or not, as Joshua already said it was like The 6th Sense, so I'll share the blame with him, thank you very much. ;)

Remove ads