• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What movies should Hollywood remake?

D+1

First Post
Ghostwind said:
Here's one dying for a remake... Forbidden Planet.
Sacrilege! Philestine! Heathen! It's got sets and effects that are just mind-blowing considering when it was made. It COULD be remade but the original, despite its VERY '50's mindset, stands up so well.

KingOfChaos

First Post
I'd like to see House of Wax remade. It was possibly one of the best older horror movies and I can see Geoffrey Rush easily replacing Vincent Price in the movie as the museum owner and general burnt up wacko.

I bet Dark Castle Entertainment could do a good job of remaking it, if they stayed away from Halle Berry. Gothika just about bankrupted the company it was so bad.

KingOfChaos

First Post
KingOfChaos said:
I'd like to see House of Wax remade. It was possibly one of the best older horror movies and I can see Geoffrey Rush easily replacing Vincent Price in the movie as the museum owner and general burnt up wacko.

I bet Dark Castle Entertainment could do a good job of remaking it, if they stayed away from Halle Berry. Gothika just about bankrupted the company it was so bad.

>.>

I just found out that DCE IS remaking House of Wax. I must be connected to them on a mental level or something.

Kai Lord

Hero
KingOfChaos said:
>.>

I just found out that DCE IS remaking House of Wax. I must be connected to them on a mental level or something.
Was your mental connection also responsible for it to be starring Paris Hilton? :p

JimAde

First Post
frankthedm said:
The Dunwich Horror

like the D&D movie it would hard to do worse than the original movie.

enjoy the book, before you find the movie.
http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lovecraft/thedunwichhorror.htm
I love it when Dean Stockwell does the fish impression while chanting "Yog-Sothoth, Yog-Sothoth!" Quality film-making! :)

I would love to see this story done well (or at least DONE, the movie bore almost no resemblence to the original story). It's one of Lovecraft's best, I think.

CarlZog

Explorer
Although it wouldn't count as a remake (I don't think it was ever done), I would like very much to see a true-to-story film of

A Princess of Mars

theburningman

First Post
Merlion said:
It'd be interesting to see updates of, say, War of the Worlds, First Men in the Moon, and some of the other Wells/Verne type stories.

Seems like I've seen rumors on a lot of sites about Spielberg doing a remake of War of the Worlds.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads