D&D 5E What Nonstandard/Untraditional Races do you wish would return?

Enkhidu

Explorer
Yes!! It'd especially be awesome with 2nd Ed.'s stat rolling, which I think were:

Str: 1d6+13 (I think a 19 counted as an 18(00) instead.)
Dex: 3d4
Con: 1d6+13 (Maybe with a max of 18.)
Int: 3d4
Wis: 2d6
Cha: 2d4

My half-ogre fighter, Ominous Ogrethorpe, from my ridiculous high school days was such great fun...

You too? Mine was "Hogar the Ogar." Great, ridiculous fun.

S

Sunseeker

I miss TEMPLATES that I could apply to standard creatures. We have, what, ONE, in 5e (Half-Dragon)?

OOOOOO So seconded!

I mean, I hated level adjustments, ECL and racial HD. But I think the Half-Dragon template in 5E is a great way to reduce some of the power-gaming that typically comes from templates.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
I'd like to see Mul, with emphasis on being a Dwarf-Human hybrid where the total is not simply the sum - or the average - of the parts.
This could be done as part of an article describing how to merge two races without creating an unbalanced and 'obvious best choice' option.

And Thri-keen for Athas.

QuietBrowser

First Post
Are there any setting-specific races folks would like back? For example, Dragonlance gave us Irda (spell-casting non-evil elf-like ogre precursors) and Minotaurs in its very first AD&D corebook, then gave us things like Ogres, Draconians, Minotaurs, Irda and Half-Goblins in 3e. Ravenloft gave us Calibans in 3e and Half-Vistani in AD&D. And so on, and so forth.

Satyrn

First Post
Here's what I don't understand: if you don't have any interest in the idea of having non-traditional races return to D&D, then why are you even here? This thread has nothing for you.

Hey, at least they're not shouting down the posters saying they want warforged, or telling you that D&D isn't a good fit for the race you want added in, like was happening in the recent what classes do you want added thread.

Remove ads