D&D 5E What of the already done settings do you think WotC is revisiting for a Setting Book?

What of the already done settings do you think WotC is revisiting for a Setting Book?

• Forgotten Realms

Votes: 87 72.5%
  • Eberron

Votes: 9 7.5%
  • Ravenloft

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Ravnica

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Theros

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Strixhaven

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Exandia

Votes: 18 15.0%

Steampunkette

Rules Tinkerer and Freelance Writer
Supporter
You're way overselling what's happening. Aabria Iyengar DMed a short, 8-episode game set in Tal'Dorei (the setting for CR's campaign 1). It's already done filming, they just haven't aired it yet. And campaign 3 is being prepped now with Matt Mercer as the DM. They filmed EXU as the Mighty Nein campaign was winding down. This didn't give him more free time, it took away his free time.
Oh, neat! I didn't know that was how it went down. I thought we'd be seeing live play.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I feel like any critical role setting will be done by the critical role team and perhaps published through WotC (I think that's what happened with the Acquisitions Incorporated book and one of the critical role books). I think the most likely setting to be revisited would be the Forgotten Realms. So many of the adventures are set there anyway that I think they'll want to release a setting book with more setting information in it, might even be a redone and expanded SCAG book.

I mean - it's probably going to be a Forgotten Realms book, given how WotC seems to go out of their way to never make reference the SCAG. That being said, up until very recently we had an Eberron campaign setting but no adventure, and a Ravenloft adventure but no campaign setting. With VRGtR out, I'm hoping they release a big Eberron adventure to pair with E:RftLW.

Exandria. You can see the wheels already in motion for that.

Biased poll is biased.

As stated, Greyhawk also counts, because of GoS.

Yeah it really isn't in motion at all, yet. And it wasn't biased, I simply forgot Exandia.

And no Greyhawk doesn't count, it's got kind of an adventure, but it has no setting book. I'll add Exandia if I still can, but not Greyhawk.

Remove ads