D&D 5E What removes exhaustion?

auburn2

Adventurer
The limited ways to remove exhaustion are a major sticking point for the barbarian. The simple fact is that they have a very severe and artificial limit on a core ability. Frenzy more than once a day? Get ready to spend a week on bed or die! All other classes recover all abilities with a long rest, except the barbarian. The exhaustion mechanic makes sense for overland journeys (yes, it takes more than one nights rest to recover from a long forced march) but it doesn't make sense to tie a major class feature to it. Also, agreed, lesser restoration should remove one level of exhaustion, and greater should remove all exhaustion IMHO.
It is only an issue for path of the berserker and only for them when they choose to Frenzy. Frenzy is very powerful; over the course of 10-turn rage you are dishing out about 150hp worth of extra damage from it. It makes sense that a character can't do that multiple times a day with no penalty.

If you really don't like it, I think a balanced approach would be take away the exhaustion but only allow Frenzy once per long rest. That would be balanced I think. Allowing a Berserker to Frenzy every rage is not in my opinion.

Democratus

Adventurer
In 5e not a lot of combats last more than 3-4 rounds. Any expensive ability that lasts 10 rounds is often wasted.

Frenzy is kinda a crap ability.

Remove ads