D&D 5E What removes exhaustion?

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Publisher
I see the barbarian beserker can suffer exhaustion. How is exhaustion removed, besides a long rest removing 1 level? Are there any spells or other effects that remove it?

Dausuul

Legend
Greater Restoration (5th Level Spell) reduces Exhaustion by 1 level.

Oh and Potion of Vitality (Very rare potion) removed all Exhaustion.
Yeah, exhaustion turns out to be quite hard to remove in 5E. When you need a 5th-level spell with a 100-gp consumable material component just to get rid of one level of exhaustion, that says something.

Yeah, exhaustion turns out to be quite hard to remove in 5E. When you need a 5th-level spell with a 100-gp consumable material component just to get rid of one level of exhaustion, that says something.

Yeah it says the smart adventurer gets a great meal and a good nights sleep instead. Much cheaper and enjoyable to boot.

Andor

First Post
Exhaustion in 5e is harder to get over than an axe to the gibblets. I think it's kind of cool that a Barbarian can rage himself to death.

When we get the DMG I'm expecting to see it factor into the lingering wounds mechanics.

Personally I'm planning to have exhaustion count against HD recovered during a long rest.

Psikerlord#

Explorer
Publisher
Thanks for the replies all. Ok at least there is a spell that helps, although it seems rather lame to me that a cleric can restore someone to life with a 3rd lvl spell, but not undo extreme tiredness till 5th lvl spells.....

Paraxis

Explorer
It is a bit silly that a lesser restoration that can cure blindness, deafness, and paralysation can't restore any exhaustion levels.

Also a short rest should recover a level, maybe limit it to once per day from short rests so you can't spam them.

I think I will do something like this.

Once per day you can recover a level of exhaustion after taking a short rest if you have adequate food and drink.

Lesser Restoration will recover 1 level of exhaustion, and Restoration will recover all of them.

Bumamgar

First Post
The limited ways to remove exhaustion are a major sticking point for the barbarian. The simple fact is that they have a very severe and artificial limit on a core ability. Frenzy more than once a day? Get ready to spend a week on bed or die! All other classes recover all abilities with a long rest, except the barbarian. The exhaustion mechanic makes sense for overland journeys (yes, it takes more than one nights rest to recover from a long forced march) but it doesn't make sense to tie a major class feature to it. Also, agreed, lesser restoration should remove one level of exhaustion, and greater should remove all exhaustion IMHO.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases