D&D 5E What removes exhaustion?

Coroc

Hero
Exhaustion in 5e is harder to get over than an axe to the gibblets. I think it's kind of cool that a Barbarian can rage himself to death.

When we get the DMG I'm expecting to see it factor into the lingering wounds mechanics.

Personally I'm planning to have exhaustion count against HD recovered during a long rest.

So you want to make the consequences even harder?

I like the principal exhaustion mechanic, but I tend to housrule that lesser retstoration should really get 1 level of exhaustion cured and greater should remove all. Also a short rest should remove one level and a long rest all without additional con check (which can have disadvantage by the grade of exhaustion)

As is the mechanic is a real pain, it is worse than being on death saves and that feels unreal.

I mean imagine if you are exhausted you need a greater restauration just for 1 level, it might be easier to let the character die and raise him in some cases.

happyhermit

Adventurer
One person gate keeping is not piling on.

Well, yeah, that's why I put out the call! If we don't call someone out on their first post for not understanding all the written/unwritten rules of forum etiquette where will we end up? I mean, sure each thread is clearly labeled by it's OP date, but that's not the point.

Remove ads