What RPG do you most regret parting with?

Thourne

Hero
We lost a ton of books in a flood decades ago.
I was able to replace almost all of them over a few years.
I however, was never able to replace one of the rarer WEG SW supplements or our Powers and Perils box.
Admittedly we didn't exactly use P&P for anything, in like forever, but I miss having it.

Dumnbunny

Explorer
Easily Dungeons and Dragons, mostly AD&1e, but I also had the Basic and Expert boxed sets and some B/X modules. For AD&D1e I had all the hardcovers, a bunch of modules, Dragon issues, issues of some other magazines that covered D&D ... just a ton of stuff.

But this was the 80's, the era of the Satanic Panic, and some relatives who literally lived on a bible camp came to our home and told some bold-faced lies to my parents about D&D. I tried to argue against it, saying that I had read the books cover to cover and what they described just wasn't in there. My parents chose to believe the adult relatives over me, and threw out my collection.

I was able to secretly fish the books out of the trash (we were moving and it was all dry trash in there) and hide them for the next couple years, adding to the collection. I would secretly play at school during lunch. In the end, though, it was discovered and I had to get rid of it once and for all.

More recently, I've re-acquired some of the books, mainly the core hard-covers (PHB, DMG, MM and DDG), a couple modules (ToEE and GDQ1-7), and the Basic boxed set (which included a set of original dice!). I've looked longingly at eBay listings for some of my favourite Dragon issues, but it's hard to justify the expense. And there are things I had to get rid of that I simply cannot remember the name of (like a non-Dragon magazine with a cool solo adventure).

gban007

Adventurer
I don't think any particular RPGs, but I do regret getting rid of all the 3e forgotten realms setting books we had, while we wouldn't go back to 3e I did enjoy reading the lore and think could repurpose a chunk for 5e, while also ignoring spellplague / sundering etc.

Thomas Shey

Legend
We lost a ton of books in a flood decades ago.
I was able to replace almost all of them over a few years.
I however, was never able to replace one of the rarer WEG SW supplements or our Powers and Perils box.
Admittedly we didn't exactly use P&P for anything, in like forever, but I miss having it.

It was a game system with problems galore, but it was an interesting read (with some worthwhile mechanics).

corwyn77

Adventurer
I am a horrible pack rat (or too good a one, actually) so I have virtually every rpg I've ever purchased, but in a weak moment, I sold my Champions 4e (my favourite edition) for a 5e core book.

pogre

Legend
Marienberg Sold Down the River - an adventure and source book for first edition WFRP. It wasn't amazing or anything, but I liked it.

I go through purges of hobby stuff every few years. No regrets. Not a need for money, I just like to move games along that I'm done with.

The only hobby item I won't sell is painted miniatures.

Remove ads