What RPG do you most regret parting with?

Imhotepthewise

Explorer
As in, Hume and Nyhen's game? If so, I used to have a copy of both editions, and now am not sure I even have one. And PDFs are nowhere to be found.
Yes the Hume d30 game. I gave it to a friend when I carried all my Worldly goods in a US NAVY seabag. I would greatly prize a PDF copy.

Thomas Shey

Legend
Yes the Hume d30 game. I gave it to a friend when I carried all my Worldly goods in a US NAVY seabag. I would greatly prize a PDF copy.

If I ever find hide nor hair of it, I'll let you know. I still have some hope since I found a PDF copy of Nexus: The Infinite City and it took me a decade to find that.

Mannahnin

Scion of Murgen (He/Him)
I sold off my 1E Dragonlance Adventures hardcover to a friend, a few years before such books skyrocketed in price. I didn't mind selling it to him, but I wish I still had the book in my library for reference, and I'm not psyched to pay current prices to replace it.

My AD&D 2nd edition Menzoberranzan boxed set. Weirdly enough I'm not a huge fan of Drizzt (read about 3 books of the series only), nor was the box especially great, yet I miss it for some strange nostalgic reason. (Sold it because I needed the money ages ago.)

Can't stand him and the books that allowed Drow PCs made it even worse, those are the ones I wish were sold, stolen or destroyed.
TBF Gary made them a PC race in Unearthed Arcana (1985). It's on Gygax. When Bob made the character (1988) he was required to follow 1E AD&D rules strictly. 🤷‍♂️

The Soloist

Adventurer
I regret parting with my Basic (Moldvay) and Expert (Cook/Marsh) boxes and all the Mystara Gazetteers. It was a dark period of my life in which I believed I would never play RPGs again. I have the PDFs but it's not the same thing as opening the boxes and flipping through the original books.

Not an RPG, but I 'lost' my Barbarian Prince box at some point. Maybe, I trashed it, can't recall. It was a mistake.

I gave away, sold and trashed many RPGs over the years but these are the only two I regret. Anything else was played abundantly or wasn't played at all, which qualified for leaving my shelves after 2-3 years.

My 4e collection. Was woefully underpaid and overworked, and had just taken a job for twice my salary, but had to move to PA for it. Books helped pay for my flight to PA.

(When I say overworked, I mean it. My old boss had to hire 2 full time employees and 1 intern to handle all the work which I had done for him for the previous 8 years).

Maxperson

Morkus from Orkus
I cannot find a couple of my 1e books - I have my DMG and PHB, but my Monster Manual and Deities and Demigods seem to be missing, which is crummy.
I lost almost all of my 1e and 2e stuff during a move, so I feel your pain. :(

So my answer which incorporates the above, is my I.C.E. stuff. That was lost in the same move.

My 4e collection. Was woefully underpaid and overworked, and had just taken a job for twice my salary, but had to move to PA for it. Books helped pay for my flight to PA.

(When I say overworked, I mean it. My old boss had to hire 2 full time employees and 1 intern to handle all the work which I had done for him for the previous 8 years).
I had bosses like that.

Remove ads