What RPG do you most regret parting with?

I have a strict "don't even ask policy because no one is borrowing any of my books ever again". I lent someone a copy of the Ravenloft novel "Vampires of the Mist". When I asked him for it back, he had lent it to someone else...I never saw it again. As strange as it sounds, I almost think that's worse than just having stolen it.
No kidding, it wasn't his to loan.

Mad_Jack

Legend
I've just never considered it. When I'm broke I don't buy anything. When I've got extra. I do. I'd rather keep all my games, rather than part with any to buy more. I've never done that, and the thought never enters my mind. Sell my stuff? I couldn't do that. I just make do, do without, or buy more games when I can...

Most of my former RPG collection was sold off to pay bills and keep me fed while I was unemployed for a long time...
They were the only things I had of value to others.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
Most of my former RPG collection was sold off to pay bills and keep me fed while I was unemployed for a long time...
They were the only things I had of value to others.
Well, not that self employment is especially gainful, but I keep myself self employed, at least enough to get by, though sometimes I do much better than that. Though I'm not really a 'collector' of any kind, I cannot part my games for food, not worth it to me. I've never put myself into a situation where I had to make that choice...

Wolfpack48

Adventurer
Probably my Dragon Magazine and White Dwarf collection. I don’t think I even sold it just gave it away, but it was to make space. Wish I’d just boxed them up. Not every issue was great but there were gems… Thankfully I kept my issues of Different Worlds and Heroes.

jhallum

Explorer
Most of my Dark Sun splatbooks from the mid 90s. Kept the big boxed sets and flip modules, but not stuff like the Veiled Alliance and Ivory Triangle. Still kinda bummed about that.

It hasn't happened yet but one day Im probably going to stop playing DCC and Ironsworn alrogether once my system is up and running, and that'll be sad sometimes.

But! Can always come back.

Remove ads