What RPG do you most regret parting with?

Ulfgeir

Hero
Have only parted with one game.

I had everything for the Swedish translation of Chill 1e, and I think all other books for the English version as well. Including the book Creatures Feature, where you played a Vampire, Werewolf, Ghost, or a Mummy. And that came out in 1986, so years before V:tM 1e. Heck, I even had the boardgame, and the 2 solo-adventure books that came out for it.

The system in it was was crap, but I do regret selling the game. Didn't even get much money for it.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
So you are short of money, and you sold your RPG. Something I'd never do, nor think of doing, so I'd never part with an RPG. At first I didn't understand, how one would lose access to a given game. The idea didn't make sense to me. But your premise, is I'm short on cash, so I sell something. That's not usually how I handle increasing capital. I work, work harder, or produce something that can be sold. I don't sell what I already own to anybody. Unless I'm trying to sell a used car or something, which I've only done once, otherwise use them as trade-ins. I have lost some RPGs in move - games put in a box, and that box not found on arrival at the new destination. If I really want it again, I'll buy it again. But no other reason for me to not have a game - as I'd never sell it under any circumstances.

Reynard

Legend
So you are short of money, and you sold your RPG. Something I'd never do, nor think of doing, so I'd never part with an RPG. At first I didn't understand, how one would lose access to a given game. The idea didn't make sense to me. But your premise, is I'm short on cash, so I sell something. That's not usually how I handle increasing capital. I work, work harder, or produce something that can be sold. I don't sell what I already own to anybody. Unless I'm trying to sell a used car or something, which I've only done once, otherwise use them as trade-ins. I have lost some RPGs in move - games put in a box, and that box not found on arrival at the new destination. If I really want it again, I'll buy it again. But no other reason for me to not have a game - as I'd never sell it under any circumstances.
Ok.

I give the guy A for effort, if that isnt a line of B.S. I don't know what is. Mustve looked like this
View attachment 296305

The worst bloody nose I ever had wouldn't have destroyed a book, though it was pretty bad. But even, then it's not like I would have sat over the book gushing blood like a chanbara flick, for that matter.

With some of these decisions - whether a bald-faced lie to steal someone's books, or even the decision to get rid of one, I think a lot about how our brains are still developing until age 25 or so.

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
You could buy a lot more games if you sold your old cars privately rather than taking trade-in value.
I've just never considered it. When I'm broke I don't buy anything. When I've got extra. I do. I'd rather keep all my games, rather than part with any to buy more. I've never done that, and the thought never enters my mind. Sell my stuff? I couldn't do that. I just make do, do without, or buy more games when I can...

Cadence

Legend
Supporter
There are several 1e books I wish I still had and haven't repurchased yet, even if I would never use them - MMII and the two survival guides.

Remove ads