• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What RPG Products Have You Gotten Recently?

Greg K

Legend
I have not had the time to look over most of them due to work an school. However, I will, now, have plenty of time to do so since classes ended and I have no work until January (if lucky) unless I find a new job in the meanwhile. As I read through them, I will try to give updates

Lady Blackbird (One Seven Design): a free rpg with good reviews. Firefly is said to be an influence and I can see it. The game itself is 16 pages and, at first glance, does not look intended to be used for more than a few sessions. This may just be the first "indie" game that I have seen and liked. I can't wait to give it a try.

Smallville Roleplaying Game (Margaret Weis Productions): Found it 50% off online and had gift certificates. The game looks very interesting and can be used with minor adjustments and tweaks to fit several different TV shows (e.g., Merlin, Teen Wolf, Vampire Diaries) and, reportedly, several others using the hacks in the Watchtower Report. The game, definitely, has a very indie game influence. However, relationship building looks time consuming and I am not sure the game is a right for my group. Still, I like it much better than Primetime Adventures and am glad to have it on my shelf.

Won or received in a chat giveaway
Guide to Eilite Nazi Units (Triple Ace Games): Holiday giveaway at chat

Rocket Rangers (Triple Ace Games): Holiday giveaway at chat

Hellfrost Player's Guide (Triple Ace Games) Won online at chat

War of the Dead Part 1 (Daring Entertainment) Won online at chat. If you like Savage Worlds (should be easily convertible if you do not) and zombie apocalypse, this looks like a great start to a campaign. It is the first of four parts leading up to full blown zombie apocalypse.

Airship Map (Fabled Environments): Won online at chat

Green Ronin Blowout Sale
Golden Age (Green Ronin)
Silver Age (Green Ronin)

RPGNow Thanksgiving Sales
Cortex Roleplaying Game (Margaret Weis Productions)
Villainomicon (Adamant Entertainment)

RPGNow Halloween Giveaway
All Flesh Must Be Eaten (Eden Studios)
Best Little Hellhouse in Texas (Savage Mojo)
Kobold Quarterly #15 (Open Design)
Little Fears: Nightmare Edition (Fun Sized Games)
Midnight Harvest (Super Genius Games)
Murder of Crowes (Adamant Entertainment)
Profane Miracles (Pelgrane Press)
Supernatural Adventures (Margaret Weis Productions)
Werewolf the Apocalypse (White Wolf)
100 Horror Adventure Seeds (Postmortem Studios)

PEG Halloween
Devil's Night (Pinnacle Entertainment)

Free Products
Barbarians of Lemuria (Beyond Belief Games): Great reviews. I think it would be great for the right group, but I think it is too lite for my tastes. However, i am willing to give it a shot.

(Edit): Dread. The game is well written and it has many fans. It looks very interesting, but three ability scores? I was never a fan of games with just three ability scores and, unlike Tri-stat and BASH, you can't you lower or boost certain aspects that fall under on of the the three. If three ability scores don't bother you, this looks like a great game. If not, it is still worth checking out to convert to your favorite system. Another welcome addition to my gaming collection (even if I might never run it).

Warrior Rogue and Mage (Stargazer Games): Looks interesting for the right players. However, using Warrior, Rogue and Mage instead of traditional ability scores and skills is not my style. While I would not play it, I find it interesting to have in my collection.

Last edited:

Remove ads