D&D 5E What sci-fantasy resources are there for my home-brew?

Elvish Lore

Explorer
I'm not super knowledgable about what there is out there for 5e. I know I love this edition and a 2 year campaign I ran of it went incredibly well.

But now I've got a home-brew setting in mind that involves lots of sci-fantasy ideas. Not fantasy space-opera but a fantasy world with a swashbuckling seas feel, exposed to an interstellar war between two sci-fantasy empires and dealing with new technologies, mystic traditions, races, etc. that have showed up in their world. So a clash of cultures, ideas, arcane traditions, etc..

In any case, what do I have out there for 5e resources I can plunder and use for my home-brew? DMs Guild supplements, settings, general advice, etc.

I don't need fluff ideas, I need more system focus. Like additional classes that might be have a sci-fantasy element to them, more exotic races, tech-oriented spells, backgrounds, equipment and weapons, ships, etc. Basically rules and write-ups I can steal for a sci-fantasy home-brew.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

vpuigdoller

Adventurer
I think you could combine Hyperlanes (not yet officially released) or Esper Genesis (not released either) easily to get the feeling you looking for. They were both succesful kickstarters I would look them out. Hyperlanes it supposedly releasing soon and I really think it will give you most of what you need.

wildstoats

Explorer
I know this post is getting a little stale but I just picked up the Hyperlanes core book. It does offer a fairly robust system for creating new alien races. Spells have been converted to Gambits but work the same mechanically. There are quite a few pre-built vehicles; both land, air, and space-faring. Magic items have been restyled as Superscience items. All in all I'm fairly happy with it but it is somewhat lacking when it comes to stating out mundane equipment. The armor and weapons list is pretty bland. I'm currently organizing a campaign so if you have any questions feel free to drop me a message.

Remove ads