D&D 5E What setting would you like for an adventure?

WHich Setting for a Big Adventure Book (ala Curse of Strahd)

• Dragonlance/Krynn

Votes: 13 15.7%
  • Kara Tur/Oriental Adventures

Votes: 11 13.3%
  • Al Qadim/Arabian Nights

Votes: 16 19.3%
  • Mystara/Known World

Votes: 10 12.0%
  • Red Steel

Votes: 7 8.4%
  • Jakandor

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • Planescape

Votes: 14 16.9%
  • Spelljammer

Votes: 17 20.5%
  • Dark Sun/Athas

Votes: 21 25.3%
  • Birthright

Votes: 9 10.8%
  • Blackmoor

Votes: 6 7.2%
  • Council of Wyrms

Votes: 2 2.4%
  • Nentir Vale

Votes: 15 18.1%
  • Greyhawk

Votes: 18 21.7%
  • Ghostwalk

• Eberron

Votes: 19 22.9%
  • Non-Swordcoast FR

Votes: 12 14.5%
  • Dragonfist

• Other (something I forgot)

Votes: 12 14.5%

Istbor

Dances with Gnolls
I voted for Red Steel because it sounded cool. Then I looked it up, and was proven correct. It does sound cool.

Also I want an Al Qadim/ desert adventure so bad.
Spelljammer would also be appreciated.

3catcircus

Adventurer
None of the above. If you are doing a big adventure book like Curse of Strahd, it should be something that can be used in any campaign setting, since WotC isn't fully supporting any of their legacy or current campaign settings.

How about an adventure where terrain or environment is more important than which campaign setting?

One of the richest experiences can be found in some of the smallest adventures. X4 Master of the Desert Nomads was published before there was any real information on Mystara. It evokes a very strong sense of the environment - both the trudge through the desert and in the Abbey - all in 32 pages.

Likewise, UK2/UK3 - just the illustration of the lakeside villa in UK2 starts the imagination. And the sense of how to use the terrain in UK3.

werecorpse

Adventurer
I voted for Planescape, Dark Sun and Spelljammer Because each of the three are very different from forgotten realms style worlds (which I like and am not knocking). Im Not a huge fan any of them but I’d like to see how WOTC do them

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
I like the idea of a Planescape module that starts in a prime material plane, but characters soon wind up in Sigil and go hopping around the planes.

werecorpse

Adventurer
Actually I changing my vote, dropping Planescape. While I would love to see a big planar adventure like Dead Gods, A Paladin in Hell or the big githyanki Lich Queen one from dungeon magazine I am not a fan of Sigil and all the factions stuff - that stuff can stay in the past as far as I’m concerned.

3catcircus

Adventurer
Actually I changing my vote, dropping Planescape. While I would love to see a big planar adventure like Dead Gods, A Paladin in Hell or the big githyanki Lich Queen one from dungeon magazine I am not a fan of Sigil and all the factions stuff - that stuff can stay in the past as far as I’m concerned.
This. I liked the expansion of the information on the planes via Planescape, but all of the "we're just like the primes but only we're here and in factions" was ridiculous.

And I hated the Planescape artwork. Sorry not sorry.

Remove ads