What should I do in Kuala Lumpur ?

Ziggy

First Post
1upus said:
With regards to things to do, perhaps some day tours of the city. With the new highways, don't rule out side trips outside of the city itself. Did a trip out to Malacca down south and was done via bus. Granted it was a long day, but well worth it. Great history and the like.

If you find the climate at tad uncomfortable, try a side trip up to Genting, specially if you are into gambling, or perhaps Cameron Highlands....

Sam

Any alternatives to buses for going to Malacca ? I've visited Thailand several times, and it's really easy (and relatively safe) to rent a car with a driver for a day (or more). Is it the same in KL, and how is the best way to do it (I'm more interested in safety and comfort than to save a few bucks).

And I looked at going into the Highlands, but it looks hard to do as a day trip.

.Ziggy

1upus

First Post
Not sure what your experiences with driving are, so it is hard to say how hard it is to drive. Have to admit, grew up in Kuala Lumpur when younger, but my experiences of driving have been in Australia. Word of warning with driving is more one of avoid the scooters than anything else. Biggest problem with K.L. is traffic. Getting as bad as Bangkok during peak hour. In terms of safety, don't think there is any real problems. As per usual only go to places that you would normally feel safe in. If it feels wrong....unlike gaming, DON't DO IT :)

Other places include trips to Penang for a coastal look, trips to Singapore. Further up north there are places like Trengganu. Apologies as my knowledge is now a little dated. For the east coast of Malaysia. Really depends on what you are after. If money is not an object, driver is great. You will find even the taxies more than willing to hire out for a day ...in fact that is what most of them prefer.

Sam

Remove ads