• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What si Hivemind?

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Bront said:
Another good description to it is probably the closest thing to an enworld chat room.

Except, of course, #dnd3e.

The Hivemind is simply a bunch of folks who chatter away in long threads.

I'll say what the Hivemind is too me.....

escapism.

It's not Dnd, its not TV its just people talking about life and we interreact within it.

In the past few months we have spoken and supported people .....

.... Having a baby
.... Having a Mid-life crisis
.... Vacationing
.... Looking to expand culinary education (food!)
.... Creating games of word play
.... Problem Solving (serious to not so serious)
.... Wishes, Dreams and wants

It is a very random place and at times hard to keep up with but it is fun and I have made friends here ... better friends in many cases than people I see face to face.

So while I'm thinking of it..... Thankyou everyone at EN World for allowing this thread to exist and thankyou everyone for utilizing it.

Andrew (aka Megamania, mega, mania, Al and Ugh)

Dog Moon said:
Now WHY it was invented, I have no freaking clue, but I would be lonely without it. ;)

Horacio could answer this better than myself. However, my understanding is he and two others got on a tangent and spent the entire night talking about subjects. Every so often going on a tangent.

It was highly entertaining to read (I missed it....work and all) and it became so popular that they created a thread for it. As a collective of thoughts they called it the "Hivemind".

Knight Otu

First Post
megamania said:
Now WHY it was invented, I have no freaking clue, but I would be lonely without it.
Crothian did it. Well, he had help, but let's just blame Crothian. ;) Originally a meta thread that asked just how long threads were allowed to be (I believe he was worried about a few Shark World threads of his?), that was around GenCon time and the mods and admins were away. So the thread grew beyond what was typical back then. It was closed for length, and new threads sprung up in meta. The Hive got its name from the idea that we are all (or most) just alts of Piratecat, and you could say it was an off-topic forum before there was an off-topic forum. Eventually, the Hivemind was constrained to three meta-threads, and later still was tossed into the light of the General forum as a single thread. Finally, the off-topic forum was created, and the Hive was transplanted here.

Knight "Old Geezer" Otu

Aeson

I am the mysterious professor.
Galeros said:
Post Count + 1
Then there is Galeros who just wants to up his post count.
asdcattivo.gif

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads