Level Up (A5E) What skills do you add to your games?

arms

Explorer
I've been fiddling with a total skill rewrite, taking my cues from 3e-3.5. I've come to the conclusion no game is every going to publish an attempt at a comprehensive skill list again, so I'm working on building one from past sources myself.

Unfortunately, it's going to require a lot of changes from the 5e base to work. Proficiency isn't big enough a scale to put everything I want at an appropriate place on the randomizer.
sounds to me like you want something closer to Chronicles of Darkness then?

Pedantic

Legend
sounds to me like you want something closer to Chronicles of Darkness then?
That feels like a non-sequitur, that's a whole different genre, and really specific set of books inside that genre. I'm saying I want stuff like "a natural stone wall has 15 climb DC, here's a table of modifiers, including pitons, handholds, weather conditions" etc.

arms

Explorer
That feels like a non-sequitur, that's a whole different genre, and really specific set of books inside that genre. I'm saying I want stuff like "a natural stone wall has 15 climb DC, here's a table of modifiers, including pitons, handholds, weather conditions" etc.
fair, I was just thinking about the point system in there, where people have more than just one level of proficiency, but how many tables would there need to be then?

Remove ads