D&D 5E What spell have you never seen cast?

trentonjoe

Explorer
I am looking to add some glyphs and wards in tonight’s game with effects or spells we don’t normally use. What spells have you never seen used in game play?

We play 5e but I can convert old spells....

DND_Reborn

The High Aldwin
I've seen (well, not seen, you know) a lot of spells never cast. IMO half the spells in the game could probably be removed, but I am sure someone, somewhere, as found a use for them all.

pogre

Legend
These are just spells I have never seen cast - does not necessarily mean they are bad. All are 5e:
Conjure Barrage
Drawmij's Instant Summons
Fire shield
Mirage Arcane
True Strike
Weird

WaterRabbit

Explorer
Illusory Script (I supposed in the right circumstance it could be useful).
Ray of Sickness (too weak for most players to bother with).
Animal Messenger.
Beast Sense.
Contagion.

Off the top of my head.

Gadget

Adventurer
Well, I think such a list would tend to weight towards higher level spells as a matter of course, as such a level of play is more rare. Also, some of the world building/plot based spells may appear more frequently. Come to think of it, is the question more along the lines of "never seen the PC's cast?" or just never seen utilized in in game period?

Imprisonment and Sequester are two that I have never personally seen cast, though they are both rife with plot and adventure potential (someone, maybe even the PCs, need to release a long ago Imprisoned archmage/Demon/King, or accidentally trigger the condition to awaken the princess/vampire/whatever).

I don't think I've ever seen Mirage Arcane or Programmed Illusion cast either.

Remove ads