D&D (2024) What stuff from 3.5e/3e/2e/1e/od&d should go into 5.5e?

Faolyn

(she/her)
An actual Habitat/Ecology section for each monster.

For wizards, a roll to see if you can learn a spell. For clerics, "spheres" (or a tag system) which indicate what spells their individual gods will or won't grant.

Familiars that get better as you go up in level. They don't need to be super-duper, but something more than a 1 hp-wonder with animal intelligence would be preferable.

A stronger differentiation in the spells for each class. If I'm phrasing that right. Yes, there are some spells that warrant being in multiple classes, but I think most spells should only belong to one, maybe two classes.

There's probably more.

An actual Habitat/Ecology section for each monster.

For wizards, a roll to see if you can learn a spell. For clerics, "spheres" (or a tag system) which indicate what spells their individual gods will or won't grant.

Familiars that get better as you go up in level. They don't need to be super-duper, but something more than a 1 hp-wonder with animal intelligence would be preferable.

A stronger differentiation in the spells for each class. If I'm phrasing that right. Yes, there are some spells that warrant being in multiple classes, but I think most spells should only belong to one, maybe two classes.

There's probably more.

Of all of those I only see better familiar rules and a few more class specific spells (but still not the majority) being likely.

ECMO3

Hero
The stuff that is already in 5E.
What stuff from 3.5e/3e/2e/1e/od&d should go into 5.5e?

Since there is a thread on what from 4e should go into 5.5e, I thought a thread for what from every other edition before 4e and 5e should go into 5.5e.
1. Paladins have to be lawful good
2. Druids have to be true neutral
3. Barbians are not allowed to use magic items or associate with Wizards or Clerics until they reach high levels and are still limited.
4. Halfling women have a maximum strength of 14.
5. Paldins are only allowed 10 magic items consisting of 1 armor, 1 shield, 4 weapons and 4 other magic items.
6. Monks have d4 hit dice, do +1/2 damage per level with weapons and get free proficiencies in athletics, stealth and thieves tools.
7. Racial class restrictions (Dwarf wizards I am looking at you!)
8. If a Wizard's familiar dies he permanently loses hps equal to the familiar's hit points.
9. Half Orcs can advance beyond level 20 and to unlimited levels if they take the Assassin subclass.
10. If an Assassin suprises someone he has a chance to outright kill him, regardless of hps, based on the assassin level and creature level. He rolls percentile dice and if it below the number the enemy dies.

Remove ads