What type of regular columns would you like to see on EN World?

Choose any or all!

• Opinion Pieces: Industry

Votes: 60 66.7%
  • Opinion Pieces: Gaming

Votes: 67 74.4%
  • Gaming Advice

Votes: 56 62.2%
  • Crunchy Game Material

Votes: 27 30.0%
  • Serialized Fiction

Votes: 16 17.8%
  • Comedy (comic strips, etc.)

Votes: 47 52.2%

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I'm going to go out on a limb here - we don't need more opinions on the industry. We have loads of opinions on the industry, and unlike game-opinion pieces, we can't actually *do* anything with them. Even when someone who should have some cred to know what they're talking about states an opinion on the industry, we get acrimonious argument.

If you've got someone who is willing to give more than an opinion - something like real data and conclusions - that's different.

darjr

I crit!
Other things I'd like besides what I voted for.

A day in the life of ENWorld, a kind of summary of what is going on in the forums. A short paragraph or sentence or two for each subforum about what the heck is going on and what it is all about and what it all means. Sometimes I'm clueless, sometimes I'm too busy to keep up, sometimes It would be cool to see an insiders perspective. It would also be cool to hear about things behind the scenes at ENWorld. I'd be happy if it was daily, weekly or some other random periodic span. The column could also include free clue by fours about ENWorld, it's denizens, it's policies and procedures, and its features.

An ENNies spotlight. Interviews and detail columns about the winners and/or nominees and their stuff. Maybe pointing out any reviews, threads or blogs.

History. A column about ENWorld things of the past. It could focus on ENWorld or use the happenings of ENNie awards and ENWorld events of the past as a launching board to discuss the history of the hobby and industry. It should include lots of pictures of GenCon. :)

The psychic's post apocalyptic blatherings. A column about the future or possible futures. Something talking about what folks think is comming down the pike and what to watch out for.

Thanks! :)

A podcast would be cool.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
OD&D(1974) columns.

Seriously... I would love to hear some more of the history of the game. I really enjoyed Gary's columns in the first WotC issues of Dragon where he talked about the early days of his Greyhawk campaign. A poster called Old Geezer on rpg.net seems to have been there, too, and will drop in nuggets from those days in some of his posts.

So, yeah, anything about the history of the game or even or particular (landmark) products would be great. Not just OD&D but 1E, 2E and even some the decisions made in relation to 3E (yes, diaglo, I am aware that only one of those is the one true game :)).

I voted gaming advice because I would love a column that was purely an adventure outline: background, synopsis, 1-3 key encounter ideas and a seven-sentence BBEG. That's all I look for published adventures anyway- I would love to see it here if the idea proved to be popular enough.

roguerouge

First Post
Put me down for hard-hitting reviews getting more prominent screen time on the site. Since I don't trust WotC to write a decent module, I'd like to know what 3PP to trust... without sorting through the maze of reviews on the review forum.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Non-stat stuff. There's enough mechanically-driven material coming from WotC, KQ, OGC Wiki, etc. to fill that quota. Let the gaming material be broader and more universally useful.

More family-oriented gaming stories/tips. This growing segment of the gaming landscape only gets occasional nods, so much of what can be written in regard to families gaming, conventioning, sharing and learning is yet to be written.

Tech-savvy tips and advice for the integrated tabletop/laptop gamer. I rarely see objective pieces on this area of our hobby. Most info in this field comes from someone with a product or agenda and doesn't discuss the stacking of multiple products and freebies available to help run games with an eye toward making the most of the tech.

There's a few ideas. I'll post some more when I get the chance.

mudbunny

Community Supporter
I would like to see some behind-the-scenes stuff that happened at various gaming companies. Pitches for products that made people go "What the ??"

The thoughts and feelings of actual (published) designers when looking at other games. What they feel are the good design elements, what they feel are the bad design elements.

Have a couple of game designers "build" a new game/system, using design elements from various other games that are out.

Reviews of Indie games.

Remove ads