What We Lose When We Eliminate Controversial Content

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bagpuss

Legend
I have a strong hunch that when most people say "flirtatious and titillating," what they mean is, "can my fighter have sex with the bar maid."

Nothing wrong with that, but generally it's been between players from my experience rather than with NPCs.

Imaro

Legend
Thx.
What I feel needs kept in mind, is that a whole lot of artists work on commission without the freedom to choose subject.
For me, in these cases I find it hard to determine the validity of empowerment right or wrong since the details of the work were chosen by another party somewhere in the publishing house.
That's another aspect of it as well... Honestly it's much more nuanced than even I'm presenting it as... but I think the original approach I was commenting on where Beyonce's sexuality = empowerment / while sexual artwork in an rpg = exploitive (but should be empowerment)... was just a bad take in general.

Faolyn

(she/her)
I know right, wont someone think of the children?

99129915053_DoSInfernalEnrapturess02.jpg

99129915052_DoSFiends01.jpg
Are either of those supposed to be sexy? Are they supposed to titillate? They look like they're just supposed to be horrific/monstrous to me.

Oh come on Tyler Durden is explicitly male power-fantasy projection! That's literally part of the plot!

This is probably a good example though of where content doesn't necessarily equal message. It is also done ironically, like a lot of 90s media. And it ends with him killing the Tyler Durden side of himself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases