Gate Pass Gazette What were your favorite GPG articles from 2022?

I received my copy of the GPG 2022 Annual a couple days ago. :) Here are my favorites (so far):

1. The Artificer by Andrew Engelbrite.
2. Foretold Prowess by Thiago Rosa
3. Avenging Archetypes by Mike Myler
4. Howl! The Garoul Heritage by Josh Gentry
5. Mythical Martial Maneuvers: The Arcane Knight by Rachel Williamson (y)

What I liked about the Avenging Archetypes article, Mike, is how you created archetypes that resembled certain members of the Avengers. Charging Shield (Fighter) - Captain America. Fantastic Fletcher (Ranger)- Hawkeye. Quickstepper (Adapt)- Quicksilver? ;) and Mutant (Warlock)- Scarlet Witch?

I have to wonder, will there be an Avenging Archetypes II article for the GPG that will cover other members of the Avengers? ;) Let's see....

Iron Man- Artificer archetype
Black Panther- Adept archetype?
Hulk- Berserker archetype
Black Widow- Rogue or Adept archetype?
Vision- Esper archetype? ;) While Vision would probably a Talos or a Constructed, his codename and the fact that for a time, he had the Mindstone, would suggest something more psychic for this archetype. ;)

I better stop here. :p The Avengers roster in the comic books is too big to cover in a single GPG article. 😄

Mike Myler

Have you been to LevelUp5E.com yet?
What I liked about the Avenging Archetypes article, Mike, is how you created archetypes that resembled certain members of the Avengers. Charging Shield (Fighter) - Captain America. Fantastic Fletcher (Ranger)- Hawkeye. Quickstepper (Adapt)- Quicksilver? ;) and Mutant (Warlock)- Scarlet Witch?

I have to wonder, will there be an Avenging Archetypes II article for the GPG that will cover other members of the Avengers? ;) Let's see....

Iron Man- Artificer archetype
Black Panther- Adept archetype?
Hulk- Berserker archetype
Black Widow- Rogue or Adept archetype?
Vision- Esper archetype? ;) While Vision would probably a Talos or a Constructed, his codename and the fact that for a time, he had the Mindstone, would suggest something more psychic for this archetype. ;)

I better stop here. :p The Avengers roster in the comic books is too big to cover in a single GPG article. 😄
I think some of those you can probably do already, but I know we have stuff in there for the big green guy (page 117).

I think some of those you can probably do already, but I know we have stuff in there for the big green guy (page 117).
Let me guess, the Synergy Feats for Extraordinary Heroes are for anyone who wants to play a Marvel character in A5e. :p

Bronze Protector/Steel Protector/Adamantine Protector- Colossus (X-Men)
Dimensional Step/ Teleporting Combatant/Crawling Teleporter- Nightcrawler (X-Men)
Hulking/Tremendously Hulking/ Impossibly Hulking- Hulk
Iceborn/Frozen Steps/Subzero Soul- Iceman (X-Men)
Talented Telepath/Mental Mastery/Boundless Mind- Professor X (X-Men)

Well there goes my Insight check..... :p(y)

I better add this to my list of favorites in the GPG 2022 Annual. 😄

Lastly, I think you better come up with Synergy Feat tree for Steampunkette's Esper class now. ;) Marvel Girl/Phoenix- Esper/Wizard

Micah Sweet

Level Up & OSR Enthusiast
Lots of great articles called out here, but I'm always going to count The Constructed Heritage as a strong favorite. I love robots.

arms

Explorer
I just can't choose, they're all great
armsshrug-01.png

Remove ads