What will it take for you to go back to F2F gaming?

DammitVictor

Trust the Fungus
Supporter
Just the opportunity. I hadn't played in months before the quarantine.

I am extremely high-risk-- autoimmune disorder, immunosuppressants to treat autoimmune disorder, impaired liver and lungs-- but a face to face game in a sufficiently spacious venue isn't incompatible with social distancing and other reasonable safety precautions.

Gilladian

Adventurer
My place of work will (most likely) be reopening to the public in limited fashion in mid-June. If by the end of June we have not seen an increase in cases in this area, we will probably get together again in person. Probably. If there's an uptick of cases, we'll re-evaluate. My mother is 83, my husband has had heart surgery, and I have hypertension. My other two players are in similar health situations. We don't want to take any avoidable risks, but waiting for a vaccine may be a LONNG wait.

I don't mind playing online, but only one of my group will do it, and right now she's wrapped up in a family health crisis of the non-covid variety, and doesn't have the time. So I'm playing online with a new group of friends, and finding it slow going...

Just the opportunity. I hadn't played in months before the quarantine.

I am extremely high-risk-- autoimmune disorder, immunosuppressants to treat autoimmune disorder, impaired liver and lungs-- but a face to face game in a sufficiently spacious venue isn't incompatible with social distancing and other reasonable safety precautions.

Time to bring that game into the fields outside.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
We were going to meet a couple weeks ago but the teacher in the group was a bit stressed out with the return to school. Could meet now, will have to bring it up in the group chat to see if people want to go back.

Finally back in to work on Tuesday, we only have 1 active case left in NZ so everything seems like it should be fine.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
And I'm just picky about what I'm going to install on my systems and issues they have had in the past didn't give me a favorable opinion on the company.

I'm not an apologist for their mistakes, and you are free to not use them. I'm just trying to make sure gamers understand the options.

For example - you can run Zoom in a browser, no installation necessary.

Stormonu

Legend
Our Sunday game has restarted (I'm not DMing, but it's at my house) for one of my game groups, six folks in all. My sister-in-law is DMing, and it's basically two members from her household and the four at mine. Overall, not too happy but I've been overruled by my homebound roommates.

I haven't really even contemplated when I'll restart my Saltmarsh group, as we were playing at the FLGS, and one of the players works at a convalescent home, so we don't want him to risk catching anything from the rest of the group and inadvertently spreading it there.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Spoke with one of my groups last night (will bring up with another tonight); and we tentatively discussed playing outdoors with masks and 6' distance. We play once a month, so next session will be late June. I imagine there will be more info to parse then that will allow us to make a more informed decision.

Retreater

Legend
I was talking this over with a group tonight (it's actually my fiancee's group that I'm guest playing in online). The realization hit me that I may never play an in person game again. Sitting around in close proximity to 5-6 other people I see maybe 1-2 times a month. Communal snacks. Reaching over to share a rulebook or pass a mini. Sharing dice, pencils.
Our state has been very conservative with reopening (considered one of the best in the US in terms of testing, procedures, etc). 200 new cases today. It's not slowing down at all.
I don't feel much hope that life will ever go back to normal.

I was talking this over with a group tonight (it's actually my fiancee's group that I'm guest playing in online). The realization hit me that I may never play an in person game again. Sitting around in close proximity to 5-6 other people I see maybe 1-2 times a month. Communal snacks. Reaching over to share a rulebook or pass a mini. Sharing dice, pencils.
Our state has been very conservative with reopening (considered one of the best in the US in terms of testing, procedures, etc). 200 new cases today. It's not slowing down at all.
I don't feel much hope that life will ever go back to normal.

They re-opened the public pools here last week.

This will pass. It may pass like a large kidney stone, but it will eventually pass.

Lem23

Adventurer
Large kidney stones don't pass. You have to have a laser pushed up your urethra which blasts them, then have a stent fitted through your urethra into your kidney for the smaller bits to pass. The stent also causes bleeding whenever you do anything more than frown, makes you feel like you need to pee constantly, and causes discomfort all the time. Then you have to wait for several months because stent removal is classed as non-essential surgery.

Ask me how I know. :cry:

Remove ads