What will it take for you to go back to F2F gaming?

delericho

Legend
The only game I'm involved in at the moment is with colleagues at work on our lunch break. So we'll play F2F when the office is open, we're all back, and the conference rooms are available.

That said, I'm been very surprised at just how well the transition to remote gaming has gone, so I'm in no hurry to go back. And, indeed, if I can find the time I might be tempted to start up another game online. Which is not something I ever thought I'd say.

Large kidney stones don't pass. You have to have a laser pushed up your urethra which blasts them, then have a stent fitted through your urethra into your kidney for the smaller bits to pass. The stent also causes bleeding whenever you do anything more than frown, makes you feel like you need to pee constantly, and causes discomfort all the time. Then you have to wait for several months because stent removal is classed as non-essential surgery.

Ask me how I know. :cry:

:eek:

Tallifer

Hero
I have always found on-line far more convenient anyway, so I selfishly glad that everyone is willing to play with me on-line now. Of course, I pray each day for the pandemic to come under control for the sake of everyone else.

Nebulous

Legend
The online gaming has been going so well, I don't think we are going back to F2F anytime soon even if we could. I can also run three or four games on Roll20 a week, not something I could do in person. But I do miss it. I have a bunch of board games I would love to try out.

pogre

Legend
Video conferencing is going well, but I personally find it a bit more draining to run games this way. Sadly, face-to-face may be a ways off. Our state, Illinois, is really struggling with the pandemic and two of my players are married to health professional, and another is a nurse. I am a school teacher - so, how we open school this fall will probably be a determinant for me. I'm ready to get back to the table, but caution needs to rule at this time.

We used Zoom for quite a while. The past 3-4 games we have met in someone's backyard. Picnic meals, and a battleboard set up on an artist's easel work tolerablely well. I have a steel sheet behind the map to use magnets. We have masks should we get close.

MGibster

Legend
Our host cancelled our game nights mid-March on account of them having a member of the household who is in a high risk category. We were all contemplating this I think but they were just the first ones to make the decision. I don't envision us returning to face-to-face gaming until the number of new Covid-19 cases dwindles down to a trickle. I was hoping that might happen around June but now I'm anticipating the possibility that we won't return to normal until much later in the year. I am not contemplating running a game online through Zoom.

I don't know if they'll come up with a vaccine but this isn't the first pandemic humanity has been through. It sucks, but eventually things will return to normal.

Lanefan

Victoria Rules
What it'll take for me is other people in our crew willing to do it. But others either are themselves (potentially) or have contact with high-risk types, so it might be a while.

Tried our first online game tonight on roll20, after an hour and a half of technical headaches and using Discord for the talking - my expectations were extremely low (as in, zero) and thus I was actually not disappointed with it; though I'll still take F2F all day long.

Must have been a lot of work for the DM to set up the maps and tokens etc. as what we're doing right now is mostly (all?) homebrew.

cmad1977

Hero
What it'll take for me is other people in our crew willing to do it. But others either are themselves (potentially) or have contact with high-risk types, so it might be a while.

Tried our first online game tonight on roll20, after an hour and a half of technical headaches and using Discord for the talking - my expectations were extremely low (as in, zero) and thus I was actually not disappointed with it; though I'll still take F2F all day long.

Must have been a lot of work for the DM to set up the maps and tokens etc. as what we're doing right now is mostly (all?) homebrew.

The first session is always slower than the rest. I’ve run games on Roll20 for a while and the first one of any adventure/campaign is often wonky.
They get significantly smoother IMX.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
The online gaming has been going so well, I don't think we are going back to F2F anytime soon even if we could. I can also run three or four games on Roll20 a week, not something I could do in person. But I do miss it. I have a bunch of board games I would love to try out.
I was wondering about this. As we all get more used to online gaming, there are a lot of things that I really like. To the extent that for my Freebooters on hte Frontier game I'm going to play with my sons at the same physical table we are going to use our laptops to manage characters and to show maps etc. It's an experiment to say the least, but so far so good.

Remove ads