D&D 3E/3.5 What will we miss from 3.5E?

Waylander

The Slayer
From what we currently know about 4E (or suspect we know from the designers' comment ;) ) what do we expect to miss from 3.5E?

Shade

Monster Junkie
The ability to advance and template the hell out of a lesser creature to create a challenging greater creature.

I'm thinking the days of paragon kaiju carrion crawlers are behind us.

hong

WotC's bitch
Shade said:
The ability to advance and template the hell out of a lesser creature to create a challenging greater creature.

I'm thinking the days of paragon kaiju carrion crawlers are behind us.
Eh, there will still be paragon kaiju carrion crawlers. They just won't be arrived at by the mechanical process of putting building blocks together, Lego-style.

And really, us gearheads have always gone and invented our own building blocks regardless of what was in the book, anyway.

delericho

Legend
Lawful Good characters. Now that Paladins can be of any alignment (ick!), my players will never ever select the LG alignment again.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
See, here's the thing. I don't play Rifts, so I avoid forums and threads where Rifts is discussed. We have 20-some other forums here that do not deal with 4E. If all you can do is harp on how awful 4E is, I'm now going to invite you to stay to those 20-some other forums. Should you decide you can add something constructive to a conversation in the 4E forum, then you're welcome to rejoin the discussion.

Dinkeldog

Sniper o' the Shrouds
If gnomes are not in core, I'll miss them. If there's a down-playing of alignment, I'll miss that.

Last edited:

Remove ads