Level Up (A5E) What would you call a 'Warlord' class? (+)

What would you call a 'Warlord' class?

• Warlord

Votes: 46 35.7%
  • Commander

Votes: 32 24.8%
  • Marshall

Votes: 48 37.2%
  • Tactician

Votes: 31 24.0%
  • General

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • Leader

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Captain

Votes: 15 11.6%
  • Envoy

Votes: 7 5.4%
  • Sheriff

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Warden

Votes: 20 15.5%
  • Other (post in comments)

Votes: 9 7.0%

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
None of the above?

Or how sleep healing and falling damage works.
Yes. Falling damage i can excuse for ease of use, since at least you do take damage from it even if it's not proportional. But a single long rest healing all wounds has always felt silly to me.

Tinker-TDC

Explorer
I'd think Commander for if it's a charisma class or Tactician if it's an Intelligence class. Banneret is also good but obviously it's like mastermind in that it's already the name of a subclass.

The problem is that if you stick to what the class does, you either make them sound like the guy who should be leading the party or some NPC who's there to buff the real characters.

I think we're stuck with Marshall or Warlord. You basically have to go with something totally generic like Sword Warden, Vanguard, Bladehawk, High Guard, Reeve, Partisan, Legionnaire, or Dragoon. But I don't think any of those are really improvements. Half of them are nonsense, and the other half just mean "fighter" or "soldier".

The problem is that if you stick to what the class does, you either make them sound like the guy who should be leading the party or some NPC who's there to buff the real characters.

I think we're stuck with Marshall or Warlord. You basically have to go with something totally generic like Sword Warden, Vanguard, Bladehawk, High Guard, Reeve, Partisan, Legionnaire, or Dragoon. But I don't think any of those are really improvements. Half of them are nonsense, and the other half just mean "fighter" or "soldier".

Vanguard seems good, as a subclass. Sounds like an archetype of the [Place Holder] that leads from the front, and unlocks bonuses from successful attacks.

Minigiant

Legend
Supporter
I'd think Commander for if it's a charisma class or Tactician if it's an Intelligence class. Banneret is also good but obviously it's like mastermind in that it's already the name of a subclass.
Commander and Tacticians sould like sublclasses of [the class].

Remove ads