What would you like to see brought back from older editions?

Beckett

Explorer
Mouseferatu said:
And as I said in another thread, I want to see a return of the notion of keeps, land, followers, and territory for high-level characters. It need not be the default, but I'd like to see sufficient rules to make it a viable option.

Yes. Especially as characters start growing out adventuring in their backyard and start moving out in the world. There is something to be said for a handful of heroes making a difference, but there's also something to be said for holdings and armies.

To go with this, I hope there are also some rules for it, beyond "You've got 100 men-at-arms and can collect 7sp from each inhabitant. Stronghold costs are in the DMG" without any hint as to how to do something with those men-at-arms, or how to get people to live on your lands.

Mighty Veil

First Post
Classes are more arch-type than a path to gain "super powers".

1e's half-orc (I don't want to see orcs and goblinoids being pushed more than they have as PC races).

Written in mind that 95% of those who will buy and play it are guys, interested in Euro myths and legends (let a 3rd party write some boring D20 Aztec game and let woman warriors be in their chainmail bikinis).

I'm really tempted to say also, Elves are Elves, not Faeries. But I'll wait and see.

Less monster ecology!

WyzardWhately

First Post
You don't have to be super-high-level to do epic things. Lolth had less than 70 hit points. A party that could kill Lolth would still have to be careful around, say, a pack of giants. You never stopped having to think your way through.

Reynard

Legend
Beckett said:
To go with this, I hope there are also some rules for it, beyond "You've got 100 men-at-arms and can collect 7sp from each inhabitant. Stronghold costs are in the DMG" without any hint as to how to do something with those men-at-arms, or how to get people to live on your lands.

All they need to do is crack that dusty old copy of the Rules Cycopedia (or Companion Set) and update the Dominion and War Machine Rules.

In fact, I wish someone would do it for 3.x.

Remove ads