What would you like to see brought back from older editions?

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
Me? I'd like to see the whole concept of being "landed" again. Buy (or earn) a keep, get some mooks, and maybe even some rules for going and taking other keeps and killing someone else's mooks with my mooks.

Fixed random encounter tables. They addressed this a little bit in the 3.5 DMG, but I'd like a little more. I don't use them often, but they can be fun, or prompt a bit of brainstorming when coming up with something to break up the monotony of overland travel.

What about you?

Shroomy

Adventurer
I would like to see Oriental Adventures not tied to L5Rs. I would say bring back Kara-Tur, but it may be too intertwined with the FR for that now. Maybe the spellplague will get rid of that problem.

SpiderMonkey

Explorer
Rechan said:
Titles or names for every level.

As goofy and artificial as it was, I LOVED those names. I wouldn't mind wotc including them at all. I know it'd be unused fluff, but I miss being a footpad, myrmadon, or an acolyte.

Good stuff.

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
From older editions, I'd like to see gnomes, druids, monks, and barbarians in the core. I'd like elves to be elves and eledrin to be eledrin. I'd like sucuubi to be demons. I'd like warlocks and tieflings to be optional.

I'd also like a medieval flavored game back int he core-- not Exalted+WOW. Other than that, stuff looks pretty good, mechanics wise.

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Can't think of much.

I liked the idea in 2E of the sidebars that suggested optional rules or options right there in the PHB. I'd like to see a lot more of that.

Rechan

Adventurer
SpiderMonkey said:
As goofy and artificial as it was, I LOVED those names. I wouldn't mind wotc including them at all. I know it'd be unused fluff, but I miss being a footpad, myrmadon, or an acolyte.

Good stuff.
It's actually funny, because I never played 1e. I know very little about 1e. But of the things I do know, that's one thing that I can think of that I really liked the sound of.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases