Dragonlance (+) What Would You Want From 5e Dragonlance?

Rare Magic:
Rules or advice to run a setting where magic is present, but not widespread.

Warlock as the ''official'' mage of the setting, with the 3 Moons or the Tower as Patron. Maybe with a reprint of the Celestial, for characters like Goldmoon. Maybe a new Boons like Pact of the Staff, for character who gained an spellfocus like Raistlin (?) and Goldmoon as part of their magical learnings.
Never going to happen with PC spellcasters. You don't have a low magic game where members of the party break the laws of reality more often than they poop.

I like the heroic destiny suggestion though! Dragonlance plays well to narrative tropes, and could use some mechanics to assist in this.

Bitbrain

Lost in Dark Sun
I want Dragonlance to be D&D’s War Fantasy setting.

I’m not asking for anything as extreme as Warhammer, but I would like everything in a hypothetical 5e campaign guide to revolve around the War of the Lance.

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Never going to happen with PC spellcasters. You don't have a low magic game where members of the party break the laws of reality more often than they poop.

I like the heroic destiny suggestion though! Dragonlance plays well to narrative tropes, and could use some mechanics to assist in this.
I think the 5e warlock is just the right amount of magic for DL. Its not as low-magic as LotR, since spellcaster can still do crazy stuff, but its mostly the idea that classic martial archetypes using magic would be rare, like Eldritch Knights and such.

MatthewJHanson

Registered Ninja
Publisher
Playable Draconians. gimme them dragonfolks.

Also them to just follow that idea they had in 4E and add in more and more alternate versions of them with weirder and stranger powers
Playable draconians will probably just be dragonborn, possibly the new-and-improved dragonborn from Unearthed Arcana.

Remove ads