D&D 5E What would your 5 PC party be?

CleverNickName

Limit Break Dancing
Hmm. I think I'd go with the standard D&D "party of five" build, which usually has:
  • Warrior 1 (barbarian, fighter, monk, or paladin), melee-focused "tank"
  • Warrior 2 (fighter, rogue, or ranger), range-focused "sniper"
  • Priest (cleric, druid, or paladin), the buffer and healer
  • Sneak (bard, ranger, or rogue), the burglar and face
  • Mage (sorcerer, warlock, or wizard), the arcanist and blaster

Picking my favorites from those groups:
  • Dwarf barbarian with the Outlander background
  • Human fighter with the Soldier background and a feat
  • High elf cleric with the Acolyte background
  • Halfling rogue with the Criminal background
  • Human warlock with the Sage background and a feat

After a few levels...
  • The barbarian follows the Path of the Berserker
  • The fighter follows the Eldritch Knight path
  • The cleric chooses the Tempest or Life domain (depending on the vibe of the group),
  • The rogue goes with the Thief archetype, obviously
  • The warlock goes Hexblade, pact of the blade.

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
  1. Artillerist Artificer - saving throws and magic items (solid range damage or great temp hp generator).
  2. Lore Bard - skills and saving throws (bardic inspiration + expertise) also great control spells
  3. Paladin 6 (subclass undecided)/Hexblade 1 - Savings throws (aura and bless). Warlock is to grant a ranged attack cantrip (as will stay near the party). Can pull out a longsword and smite when an enemy comes too close.
  4. Shepherd Druid - Guidance for + skills, Summons, Control, Pass without trace
  5. Wizard - Evoker Wizard (party friendly AOE will be amazing in a party that has strong incentives to huddle together).

Probably Dip into hexblade for the bard (AC and solid long range attack) but undecided on this.

*Life Cleric deserves honorable mention but there's alot of healing/summoning already in the party and so I think the saving throw boost will be more important.

Fenris-77

Small God of the Dozens
Supporter
  1. Artillerist Artificer - saving throws and magic items (solid range damage or great temp hp generator).
  2. Lore Bard - skills and saving throws (bardic inspiration) also great control spells
  3. Paladin 6 (subclass undecided)/Hexblade 1 - Savings throws (aura and bless). Warlock is to grant a ranged attack cantrip (as will stay near the party). Can pull out a longsword and smite when an enemy comes too close.
  4. Shepherd Druid - Guidance for + skills, Summons, Control, Pass without trace
  5. Wizard - Evoker Wizard (party friendly AOE will be amazing in a party that has strong incentives to huddle together).

Probably Dip into hexblade for the bard (AC and solid long range attack) but undecided on this.

*Life Cleric deserves honorable mention but there's alot of healing/summoning already in the party and so I think the saving throw boost will be more important.
This post is possibly the most @FrogReaver post I've seen in many a year. And I say that with love and respect.

Levistus's_Leviathan

5e Freelancer
Here's mine:
  1. Battlesmith Artificer (perhaps a Gnome to ride the Steel Defender, or any Dwarf for the dwarf memes), as the utility, minor-support/buff-er, and damage
  2. Circle of Stars Druid for additional support, control, damage (probably a Kalashtar)
  3. Rune Knight Fighter for the frontliner and tank (Goliath or Firbolg)
  4. Phantom Rogue for the sniper, infiltrator, and spookiness (Reborn or Half-Orc)
  5. Divination Wizard for the control, utility, and arcane spells (Mountain Dwarf for Medium Armor, flavored as a battleseer)

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
The First Four are pretty easy:
Lore Bard.
Twilight Cleric.
Totem Barbarian.
Divination Wizard.
The 5th Spot is hardest. I could see any of the Wildfire Druid, Battlemaster Fighter, Hexblade, or Watcher Paladin making a good fifth.

rgoodbb

Adventurer
All Changelings

Cleric - Twilight is the new healer in town (can off tank a little if necessary)
Paladin - Conquest at 7th is just when they get great
Bard - Eloquence is the face (especially as a Changeling) +thieves tools from background
Druid - Shepherd for multiple pet tanks still benefitting from Twilight temps (I think?)
Wizard - Graviturgy for excellent battlefield control flinging folks around

They all speak Orc or Goblin so they can waltz through enemy lines as Orcs, Hobs or Bugs

Frontline is Pally plus Pets. For times when no pets, Cleric as off tank. Tonnes of healing and battlefield control. Tonnes of shenanigans. Changelings rock!

Twilight Cleric (support, carries an amulet of the devout which gives more uses of twilight sanctuary)
Shepherd Druid (outlander background for exploration, summons can benefit from twilight sanctuary)
Watchers Paladin (tank, party face)
Clockwork Soul Sorcerer 5 / Hexblade 2 (sorlock blaster, agonizing blast, quickened spell, criminal background with thieves tools, alternate party face)
Chronurgy Wizard (control)

Last edited:

Remove ads