D&D 2E What's a Good 2e Low Level Adventure?

Retreater

Legend
Hanging out with my neighbor last night it came up in conversation he has a lot of nostalgia for 2E, including THAC0 and all the old school feel. He knows 5e but really wants to do 2E again, and would like me to run a one-shot for him and his teenage kids.
I came in with 2E but didn't run many published adventures. The ones I did were Ravenloft.
Are there any you can think of that have a nostalgic feel for that era? I'm looking to avoid big adventures like Night Below because I'm not intending to run anything long.

Stormonu

Legend
If you like Ravenloft, Night of the Walking Dead is one of the better ones. (Oh, I see it was suggested above - consider this a second).
Or you could go for the old B/X classic Keep on the Borderlands - should be able to use it straight in 2E.

grimslade

Krampus ate my d20s
I don't know if I ever ran a published 2E adventure. I owned Terrible Tragedy at Tragidor because it was bundled with a DM screen. The less said about that monstrosity of a scenario the better. I take it back, I ran Night Below for a group and it was pretty enjoyable. It is not exclusively a low level adventure, however. I recommend looking into Dungeon for scenarios there were a few good ones in the 2E years.

A lot of adventure pitched here are 1e and basic (for good reason) , but a decent low level, 2e native adventure for a 1-3 one shot is The Shattered Circle.

Alzrius

The EN World kitten
A lot of adventure pitched here are 1e and basic (for good reason) , but a decent low level, 2e native adventure for a 1-3 one shot is The Shattered Circle.
I agree; The Shattered Circle is a great low-level adventure.

You can also get quite a bit of bang for your buck with Road to Danger and Dungeons of Despair, both of which were collections of low-level adventures from Dungeon magazine.

Please note my use of affiliate links in this post.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases