• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E Whats in the 4e gift pack?

bonethug0108

First Post
Mercurius said:
They aren't so rare--I get one every few weeks or so. But if you want the books right away I'd just order them from Amazon.

But aren't the releases staggered, anyways?

No. This was changed a while back. June 6 is the release date for all three.

AZRogue said:
I imagine that Amazon will factor in the discount soon. I don't see why they wouldn't once they realize what the product actually is. I predict that the price comes down to match in the next few weeks.

I expect the same. It just came through the pipes so I would give it at least a week.

Incenjucar said:
It's really silly that they don't have the usual discount up for it.

You could get a leather slip case handcrafted at a ren faire for that much price difference.

I remember reading that the advantage of the gift set is in shipping costs for those of us who aren't in North America: Amazon considers the gift set to be one item instead three. But at the moment I'd still pay more for the gift set than the three books. I'll wait to see if it gets discounted

Rhiarion

Explorer
Thanks for all the responces so far!

Bear in mind I will be buying this anyway, I am so looking forward to this release I hoped I would get something the purchasers of the 3 books on thier own, didn't.

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
As others have already said, the only extra you get is the slip case. If you look at the retail price, you'll see that the mark up on the gift set is only 10 cents.

The huge difference in prices is due to the fact that the individual books have the typical Amazon discount of 34%, while the gift set is currently listed at retail price. Most likely the gift set will be discounted too. If that shouldn't happen, I don't think that Amazon will sell many of those... ;)

Sitara

Explorer
It would be cool if they threw in something extra. Like oh I dunno, a mini, some dice, or a ree adventure...y'know. SOMTHING.

ALso, why doesn't the limited edition have a gift set?

Darkwolf71

First Post
Sitara said:
ALso, why doesn't the limited edition have a gift set?
Two possible answers to this.
1) The regular gift set only went up last friday, the limited editions aren't due out till the fall. A gift set may still be announced.

or (More likely, IMO)

2) There was no gift set of the 3.5 limited editions, don't expect one for 4e.

mhacdebhandia

Explorer
Even if they bring down the price of the gift set, I'm not interested. I keep my books in a bookcase - a slip case around them will be invisible most of the time, and a slight annoyance whenever I want one or two books of the trio instead of all three.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads