BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
Gez said:
Familiars (Bogan)
Pegataur
Plant, Vampire Rose
Shapeshifter (Polymar)
Worm (Great Annelid)

i'm pretty sure the bogan was in the MM2?
i think the vampire rose was in ToH. if not, then i do beleive that it and the rest of these are on the CC. check to make sure i'm not wrong. ;)

Gez

First Post
The MM2 contains the Boggun. It's a druidic construct. Bogans are familiars (what wizards and sorcerers may get with their summon familiar ability) that are aligned to Evil and the sphere of Entropy. They are the form an immortal take when going to the material plane on special missions or to perform acts of penance.

"The tiny bogan has sharp, humanoid features. Its skin and four petite wings bear the mottled blue-green hue of the dragonfly, while its short, scaly tail is either bright blue or green. Its eyes, large and blue, help make this creature remarkably attractive. In fact, many mortals have met their doom after becoming infatuated with -- then betrayed by -- one of these beauties."

Plant, Dangerous, Vampire Rose. It's not in the ToH under the heading of Plant, nor under the heading of Dangerous, neither at Vampire, and still not at Rose. I'm pretty confident if it is there, it is written on a page that only appear "when the stars are right".

I hadn't noticed the others on the CC. But I may have missed them. Or they are in a thread like my magens.

DnDChick

Demon Queen of Templates
Gez said:
Plant, Dangerous, Vampire Rose. It's not in the ToH under the heading of Plant, nor under the heading of Dangerous, neither at Vampire, and still not at Rose. I'm pretty confident if it is there, it is written on a page that only appear "when the stars are right".

The Vampire Rose is on page 270 of the Tome of Horrors. Its there even when the "stars are wrong."

Grazzt

Demon Lord
Gez said:

Its not under Dangerous Plants because none of them are listed that way. That is a 2e thing (and something I didnt like anyway :)).

Now, the Vampire Rose itself is in the "U & V" section. Right after Undead Ooze and right before Vampiric Ooze. If you looked for it at Vampire, ya just missed it. It's there.

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
well, scott converted that one on the NG boards, but i don't know if he ever got around to posting it on the CC.

Psionic Handbook 2nd- The Vagabond

Has anyone done a template/ creature creation for the Vagabond? It can be found in Psionics Handbook page 122. I am looking to use it extensively in a planescapish story I have in mind. Looking for examples or ideas.

Gez

First Post
Vagabond ?

Well, here are my conversions of the Busen and the Vagabond. Hope this help. :D

Busen
Tiny Nipple (German)
Hit Dice: 1/4 d8 (1 hp)
Initiative: -5
Speed: 0 ft.
AC: 14 (+4 size)
Attacks: None
Damage: None
Face/Reach: 0x0/0
Special Qualities: Cute
Saves: Fort +0, Ref -5, Will +0
Abilities: Str 0, Dex 0, Con 10, Int -, Wis -, Cha -
---------------------------
Climate/Terrain: Any adult German woman
Organization: Pair
Challenge Rating: 0
Alignment: By bearer
Advancement: Uh ?

Busen are merely nipples, but special nipples -- they are German. Other than that, well, erm...

Combat:
Busen don't fight. If you are attacked by Busen, you should better stop doing drugs.

Cute: Why, yes. Yes they are.

Vagabond
Medium-size Humanoid (French)
Hit Dice: 3d4+6 (13 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 25 ft.
AC: 10
Attacks: Fist +1
Damage: Fist 1d3 subdual
Face/Reach 5x5/5
Special Attacks: Disturbing stare, body odor, belch, beg
Special Qualities: Body odor, commoner levels
Saves: Fort +1, Ref +1, Will +1
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 10, Con 11, Int 10, Wis 11, Cha 10
Skills: Craft or Profession (any one) +6, Wilderness Lore +6.
Feats: Toughness (twice)
------------------------------
Climate/Terrain: Any land and underground
Organization: Solitary or group (4-24 vagabonds + 2-16 dogs)
Challenge Rating: 2
Treasure: None
Alignment: Usually neutral
Advancement: By commoner class

Vagabonds are merely vagrants, but they are special vagrants -- they speak French rather than English. They are also known as "SDF", "mendiant", or "clochard". They sit in a street and beg "une petite pièce pour rester propre et digne, s'i'ou'plait!" but get ignored. Sometimes, they also ask "hé, t'aurais pas une cigarette ?" and get ignored the same. They may know other weird sentences that leave them ignored.

Combat:
Vagabonds avoid combat unless they're drunk. Which is a likely event, as they drink whenever they can, to ignore the cold, numb their spirit, and slowly suicide.

Disturbing Stare (Ex): Vagabonds may look at wealthier persons in a way that give shivers down the spine, or give a guilty feeling. This is an extraordinary gaze attack. The DC is 11, and failure means the affected person must either flee the vagabond with a rapid walk and looking in another direction, or give him some little money. The vagabond can't choose the effect, either one having 50% chance of affecting any target.

Body Odor (Ex): Vagabonds live in the streets or on the roads, and have no access to facilities like a bathroom -- especially since public bath establishment are no longer in existence. Likewise, they only have one set of clothing that they never remove -- doing so would cause the clothing to get stolen by another vagabond. They may use their body odor in both defensive and agressive ways. They are continually surrounded by a 10-ft. radius cloud. Anyone willing to enter the zone must succeed at a Will save (DC 11) or abandon his acton. If the vagabond move, the cloud move with him. Anyone that become inside the cloud as a result of the vagabond's move must succeed at a Will save or do no other action than fleeing to safety.

Belch (Ex): After drinking from a beer bottle, a vagabond may belch. This gives everyone that see him belching a -2 morale penalty to their saving throws against the vagabond's disturbing stare and body odor ablities.

Beg (Ex): At will, a vagabond may use a free action once per round to beg something in French.

Commoner levels: Vagabonds have at least 3 commoner levels, but may have more.

Remove ads