• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's OLD is NEW

Quickleaf

Legend
Books. The first image up is of books with, "O.L.D. the Roleplaying Game," and, "N.E.W. the Roleplaying Game".

Books do not say, "social media venture" or "computer RPG".

So it's a brand new tabletop RPG? Is it based on d20 or other system, or is it it's own thing?

I was just surprised by the concept art being all that's up on the website. It is very lovely art, but typically what first draws experienced gamers into a tabletop RPG are the rules and setting.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So it's a brand new tabletop RPG? Is it based on d20 or other system, or is it it's own thing?

I was just surprised by the concept art being all that's up on the website. It is very lovely art, but typically what first draws experienced gamers into a tabletop RPG are the rules and setting.

C'mon, man! You've seen teasers before! It's been, like, 24 hours! Patience; don't worry, everything will be revealed. I don't plan to keep something I'm selling a secret. :)

I really hope you like what you see when it's in a fit state to show you.

Quickleaf

Legend
[MENTION=1]Morrus[/MENTION]
Haha, I am teased! :) Didn't realize it had only been 24 hours...Well, congrats on putting together some great concept art; seeing art orders comes to life is an awesome experience.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So here's a fairly hefty preview - two character sheets. Just the front of them, and these are NOT the final sheets, which are being designed by a professional to look awesome. These are just the concept pieces I whipped up in MS Word.

So, this is very, very much just concept work. The actual character sheets will look much more thematic and arty than these, and this is a very preliminary draft of just *some* of the rules for O.L.D. and N.E.W. (e.g. the O.L.D. sheet has no magic on it at all; equipment isn't on there; lots more stuff). You can probably glean quite a bit of the early underlying structure from these draft sheets, though.

woin_concept_sheets.jpg

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
So you willing to butt heads with GW over "space marine" as well?

Hah! You spotted that? My little joke with myself. :)

Health looking kinda high, soak looking kinda low, and I sure hope that Sonic Pistol is supposed to be a pea shooter. But 'Attrition Systems are easier to balance over 'Avoid Hits or Die' systems.

Yeah, the numbers will get tweaked during playtesting, of which there will be a lot. I'm not too worried about them at this stage; broad strokes for now!

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I can't help but feel this is going to be GURPS, the D20/PF edition. This isn't necessarily a bad thing.

d20/PF? Not even slightly close! It's a d6 dice pool career based system. No d20s. No classes. No levels. :)

Some (but not all) older influences include Traveller, WFRP, old FASA stuff. Plus a bunch of modern influences, of course, and a ton of my own.

Last edited:

Remove ads