• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's OLD is NEW

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
new_old.jpg

Scorpio616

First Post
Art for O.L.D is fine, the N.E.W., well, maybe those images were meant to be smaller than displayed, because I think I've seen better from that artist.

Also, N.E.W. looks way too knock-off. Darth Shogun, Captain Smirk, Clint Starwood, Federation redshirts who look like cardboard targets & Ctrl+Vylons all combine to feel too borrowed.

Last edited:

jeffh

Adventurer
Most if not all of the O.L.D. artwork was originally done for the War of the Burning Sky online game (that seems to have become vaporware). And I think some of the N.E.W. work has its origins in that space combat game Morrus did - I've definitely seen some of it before, anyway. Everything in the latter game was, intentionally, a thinly disguised version of something from one popular sci-fi franchise or another, which explains a lot - I imagine any new work commissioned specifically for N.E.W. would focus on more original aspects of the setting.

Remove ads