Pathfinder 2E What's the deal with 3rd party PF2E Adventure "support"??

dave2008

Legend
So wait. Are we saying Kobold Press is no longer making 5e? Or Frog God?
No, it was a linguistic(?) question. @Zardnaar used the past tense "did" instead of the present tense "does." He was not trying to suggest Kobold Press is no longer making 5e content, but it could be read that way based on the tense. Zard wasn't trying to suggest they are not currently making 5e products, just that they "did" make them near the launch of 5e.

This is much ado about nothing.

Marc Radle

Legend
No I used the word they did xyz. Past tense for 2015.
Yep, no worries ... all good.

Kobold Press is one of the larger, more prolific supporters and producers of 5E content, including, as Morrus pointed out, the current Vault of Magic kickstarter, so the use of the past tense 'did' just kind of confused me.

OK, moving on ... nothing to see here, these aren't the droids you're looking for ...

darjr

I crit!
How many third party publishers would jump on board a “DMsGuild” but for Paizo IP? I’d think that would work well. especially if 1e was also open on it.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
How many third party publishers would jump on board a “DMsGuild” but for Paizo IP? I’d think that would work well. especially if 1e was also open on it.
The 50% commission and inability to use Kickstarter or sell elsewhere would rule me out.

dave2008

Legend
I'm guessing the market is small now that I think of it. They have one line of IP, Golarion. D&D has so many different IP lines that it fosters a larger variety of fans. It has also been around a lot longer. I'm sure it would get some, I mean there are smaller RPGs that have something similar to DMsGuild, so I guess it can work.

darjr

I crit!
Golarian is huge and so detailed. Imagine being able to sell mods to address kingmaker Or add content to it. Imagine a CCC like program for PFS?
I know local organizers for PFS that would probably jump at that chance.

MerricB

Eternal Optimist
Supporter
Golarian is huge and so detailed. Imagine being able to sell mods to address kingmaker Or add content to it. Imagine a CCC like program for PFS?
I know local organizers for PFS that would probably jump at that chance.
While there may the people wanting to create, would there be people wanting to buy?

Because while I love the DMs Guild, the sales numbers are not that great. There are a very few creators that do okay with it, but when you consider that PF is significantly less popular than 5E, it is much harder to justify the effort and expense in a product - especially with added costs over DTRPG or other platforms. Is Golarian really worth that much?

(MT Black recently released a Call of Cthulhu adventure under their Community Creator system. He found it an interesting experiment, but the sales numbers don't justify him spending more time with that program).

Cheers!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases