Votes: 29 28.7%
  • 75/25 male identifying

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • 100% male identifying

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Poll closed .

Waterbizkit

Explorer
Two groups. Six people each. One all guys, the other four guys and two women.

I also find comments regarding bias in results because people might be judged for having an all male group bizarre. I mean the game has grown in a lot of ways, but that doesn't mean people need to feel shame or fear of being judged just because they still play with a bunch of other guys.

I dunno man, seems much ado about nothing.

the Jester

Legend
Other- or rather, multiple. I run four different overlapping groups and play in three more RPG campaigns. Also, one of the women in our groups runs a game that I'm not in (she doesn't have room for me and I don't have time for another game). In addition, some groups have highly variable membership- I run a sandbox, so guest players are common. The below includes only the players who are regulars or at least semi-regular members of that group.

Group 1 (Team Alpha)- male DM (me); 6 male players, 2 female players.

Group 2 (Team Beta)- male DM (me); 3 male players, 2 female players.

Group 3 (Team Delta)*- male DM (me); 3 male players, 5 female players.

Group 4 (Curse of Strahd game)- male DM (me); 3 male players.

Group 5 (SW Superheroes game)- male DM (not me); 5 male players, 3 female players.

Group 6 (Atomic Highway game)- male DM (not me); 6 male players, 2 female players.

Group 7 (other guy's D&D game)- male DM (not me); 5 male players, 1 female player.

So overall, there's a 31:18 ratio of male:female gamers in my groups. I think that includes 9 males and 5 females overall, if I am counting correctly.

*Nobody gets to be Team Gamma unless their party is irradiated.

Shiroiken

Legend
Kinda rough poll selection, since most groups won't easily divide into quarters. My group has 5 men and 2 women currently, so I went 75/25. We've had 3 other guys and 1 other woman that have gamed, but left the group for various reasons.

I play in two groups, both with 6 players. The first has 4 men, 2 women (33% female). The other has 5 men, 1 woman (17% female). So I voted 75/25 male identifying.

ccs

41st lv DM
I am curious how the groups with significant female representation were formed. Was everyone friends prior to forming the group? Formed through random meetings at the game store? Relatives?

Friends/relatives of friends.

One is the wife of another player. We met him 1st and then about a year later she joined the game as well.

The other is the daughter of friend/different player. She's really really wanted to play for a few years. So last year when she was turning 15 her dad ask us if she could join the game. The group voted yes.
So for her birthday she got an official invite.
Judging by the squeal that was described that card ranks as one of the best birthday gifts she's ever opened.

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Kinda rough poll selection, since most groups won't easily divide into quarters. My group has 5 men and 2 women currently, so I went 75/25. We've had 3 other guys and 1 other woman that have gamed, but left the group for various reasons.

Yeah - i should have gone for 10% increments, but i was trying not to be too crazy :)

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
I run two games. I identify as male.

In my Ashen Stars game, I have 4 men, one woman, and myself.

My D&D game has me, three women, one man.

Remove ads