Votes: 29 28.7%
  • 75/25 male identifying

Votes: 34 33.7%
  • 100% male identifying

Votes: 27 26.7%

• Poll closed .

pukunui

Legend
I DM two fortnightly games and play in a third.

DM Group 1: Seven men (including me). We have had several women who have played with us in the past, however.

DM Group 2: Two men (including me), three women (including my wife and daughter).

Player Group: Four men (including me), one woman. We did have another woman who played with us in the past and may rejoin us at some point in the future when her work allows.

Last edited:

Staccat0

First Post
This poll has interesting results. More women than I assumed to be honest. Probably skewed a little male by the nature of forums and how the hobby has changed and whatnot.

Just as an anecdote, I know at least 2 groups of all women who came to D&D thanks to stuff like The Adventure Zone and Critical Role and personally know zero groups of men who only started playing recently.

sunrisekid

Explorer
If my wife joins then the table is 50/50, but if she can't make it then the ratio is slightly more guys. That said, I (a man) once ran a session for 5 women and there was no obvious difference in play style.

Mercule

Adventurer
I don't think I've had an all male table in 27-ish years. Most of the time, at least my wife played. At one point, it was three couples, which meant half the table was female, but 3/5 of the players were women. Currently, it's my wife and daughter with three other male players. One of my college friends had been part of an all female D&D group, in high school, and I was invited as the only man to a D&D one-shot they did.

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
Actually i was more concerned about people identifying 100% female groups.

That confuses me just as much.

On a related note, when I'm wargaming at the game store most of the RPG tables are 30-50% women. Definitely a different ratio than when I got into gaming in the early 80's.

Last edited:

Remove ads