Votes: 2 3.4%
  • 50+

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • 35-40

Votes: 7 11.9%

• Poll closed .

BookTenTiger

He / Him
Good follow-up question: How old were you when you first joined EN World / other variations thereof?

I was 14 when I first joined Eric Noah's site. I am now 37.

Good follow-up question: How old were you when you first joined EN World / other variations thereof?

I was 14 when I first joined Eric Noah's site. I am now 37.
Did it open in 1999 or 2000? I think it was 1999 with the black background white text forum, that's not technically ENWorld but the previous version. I know I was there not later than low single-digit months after the start. So I'd have been 21. And thus now 46. Christ.

Richards

Legend
My profile says I joined Jan 18th, 2002, but that was after a board crash or two. I joined up in the first year Eric Noah started the site, which according to Wikipedia was back in 2000. So since then, when I would have been 36. (I just turned 60 last month.)

Johnathan

I joined in 2017 when the 5e hype train was running full steam. I probably visited a bit earlier, but I don’t think I consciously came here before 2016 (the Internet was not too important for my roleplaying endeavours for the first 20 years, at least not beyond character management software and occasional web comics).

I do sometimes wonder why there are so few younger players joining the discussions on these boards given the influx of new people coming into the hobby over the past decade.

Remove ads