WotC What's your dream release schedule?

pukunui

Legend
I felt like Drago Hiest is only anything less than great from a very crunchy perspective. To me, the fluff aspects are exponentially more important.
As a box of spare parts, it’s fine. As an adventure, it’s one of the worst WotC has put out. I’ll stop there, as I don’t wish to derail the thread. You can read my review of the adventure here on EN World if you’d like to know more.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
As a box of spare parts, it’s fine. As an adventure, it’s one of the worst WotC has put out. I’ll stop there, as I don’t wish to derail the thread. You can read my review of the adventure here on EN World if you’d like to know more.
Nah it’s pretty fun to just run as is, too.

TwoSix

Dirty, realism-hating munchkin powergamer
1 crunch book a year.
1 setting book a year.

That's plenty for me; I find adventures a waste of time, but there's obviously a segment of the market that likes them.

Undrave

Legend
I just want one big and crunchy player-facing book every two years or so, and the rest can stay the same with one crunchier release a year, like a Monster Manual.

Ideally it would be alternatives to the PHB, with brand new subclasses and like 50% of the spells and feats would be different, and plenty of reprint so you can basically pick your flavour of PHB. Maybe campaign themed ones even?

Tales and Chronicles

Jewel of the North, formerly know as vincegetorix
Now I want a streamed/reality show setting-creation competition. Interview the participant, have them explain their ideas, throw some challenges in there (give us a new races! give us a new spell schools with one spell per level! etc) and have the fans vote. The winner gets a SCAG-like publishing.

Lem23

Adventurer
I just want one big and crunchy player-facing book every two years or so, and the rest can stay the same with one crunchier release a year, like a Monster Manual.

Ideally it would be alternatives to the PHB, with brand new subclasses and like 50% of the spells and feats would be different, and plenty of reprint so you can basically pick your flavour of PHB. Maybe campaign themed ones even?

I'd be in favour of something like that: Instead of a core PHB, have a core PHB for each setting they're doing. Either that or a essentials style PHB for the core with just elf, dwarf, human, halfling and a few major classes (Cleric, Fighter, Mage, Thief, maybe Druid), and then setting-specific PHBs for Forgotten Realms (that could have Strongheart Halflings, Tieflings, Sorcerers etc in it), one for Greyhawk, Eberron, etc. GMs that wanted to could say they're accepting races, classes, and subclasses from any book for their campaign, or limit it to a particular one or two. A Dark Sun one with psionics and psionic-related (sub)classes, the Dark Sun races and specific classes, etc, that sort of thing. It could encourage new settings that aren't just the same with sightly different geography, like now - you want a camelid race, some weird winged elves, angels, flesh golems, then go to town, with no monks, dragonborn, etc in there just because you feel like you have to add them because they're in the PHB.

Snarf Zagyg

Notorious Liquefactionist
"What's your dream release schedule?"

I am picked to unveil the latest 5e Book- Snarf Zagyg's Scroll of Scholarly Sorcery.

I am standing in front of the assembled press of the world, holding the book aloft, seeing the camera flashes, knowing that is being simulcast on all major platforms to adoring fans everywhere.

And then I hear a low murmur, and snickering, and laughing, and then everyone starts uncontrollably laughing. And I realize that I am totally naked.

....and that's when my teeth fallout.

This is why I prefer actual releases to dreams.

Dausuul

Legend
My personal dream release schedule would have 6E coming out later this year, which would incorporate a lot of the improvements and adjustments of the last six years into the core rules and address various rough spots cough*stealthrules*cough. Then each year we would get, oh, one "monster book" and one "player book," plus a bunch of small stand-alone adventures designed to easily integrate into ongoing campaigns.

Campaign setting books would come out at a rate of one every 1-2 years, and the first one would be a Dark Sun book (based strictly on the content of the original Dark Sun boxed set; nothing from the revised set, the novels, or Dragon Kings).

jgsugden

Legend
Summer 2020: Psionics Hanbook
Fall 2020: Spelljammer/Planescape Manual of the Planes
Spring 2021: Tal'Dorei Campaign Book
Summer 2021: Xanathar's 2 - Feats, Spells, Races (New subraces, primarily), Water Adventuring Rules expansions, Magic Items, Epic Rules for Class Agnostic Advancement beyond 20th level.

Remove ads