• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite Epic character build?

Undiluted

First Post
If you have 21 to 25 levels to play with, what do you think is the coolest build?

Here's one of my favorites. 5 Druid/ 10 Shifter/ 4 Warshaper/ 2 Monk. Then for your feats, you take Exotic Weapon proficiency (spiked Chain), and everything needed to get Whirlwind attack. Then, when in combat, change into a Titan. Using 3.5 whirlwind attack, you can get an attack against everyone within 30 feet of you. Excellent for being swarmed.

This build also gives you great versatility. Excellent choices for shifting include Balors, Phoenix (MM2) and Bone Oozes (MM2). Phoenix is great because if you're about to die, shift to a phoenix as a move action, then you can either heal or fly away/plane shift and then heal.

Another one if you're a spellcaster is Wizard 17/Eunuch Warlock 4. You get a large quantity of high level spells much faster, and if you get the epic feat Improved Metamagic twice and Improved Spell Capacity once, at 27th level you can cast an empowered maximized quickened Meteor Swarm. 216 damage as a free action ain't too shabby.

One of the coolest/dumbest builds I've seen is a troll with some levels in wizard and then levels in Pale master until you get the ability where you're immune to subdual damage. Because you're a troll, your regeneration ability makes all non acid/fire damage subdual damage. Then, you buy two epic rings: acid immunity and fire immunity, naturally. After all this, you cannot take damage from any source. The only way to die is to have a ring sundered, then be killed using fire or acid. This build gives you absolutely no offense, but still, kind of cool concept.

Anyone else have an awesome build they use in Epic campaigns?

Patlin

Explorer
Pyschic Warrior 21 works well for me. With improved critical and devestating critical and lots of cool powers to play with, I think I'd be pretty happy. The only epic character I've actually played, though, is an epic Cleric. Just picked up Permanent Emanation (End to Strife.) Mix in Sublime Revelry and watch the fun begin.... (Both spells from BoED.)

UltimaGabe

First Post
Once, just for fun, I made a 35th-level character, trying to make him as cheesy as I possibly could. I believe my build was Monk1/Barbarian1/Wizard3/Cleric3/RageMage10/MysticTheurge10/EpicMysticTheurge7. Yeah, it was pretty cheesy. 9th-level Arcane and Divine spells, the ability to Rage (and cast spells while doing it), Tenser's Transformation 1/day as a free action with the ability to cast spells, and Wisdom bonus to AC (from that one level of monk).

The idea behind the level of monk, besides the fact that I had an extra level and didn't know what to do with it, is that since you retain all Monk abilities after changing alignment (which is not the cast for Barbarians and Rage), you could start off as a Lawful monk, then immediately change your alignment and take Barbarian. And so on.

schporto

First Post
Monk 15/Duelist 10. Couple Tomes/Manuals. Bracers of armor. Defending off hand weapon. Stat bonuses as much as possible. And you get a bit silly. Pretty good attack numbers. Pretty good ac (int, dex, wis all to ac). Not carrying a lot of weight. Add in a haste spell and folks ain't gonna hit ya.
-cpd

DanMcS

Explorer
UltimaGabe said:
Once, just for fun, I made a 35th-level character, trying to make him as cheesy as I possibly could. I believe my build was Monk1/Barbarian1/Wizard3/Cleric3/RageMage10/MysticTheurge10/EpicMysticTheurge7. Yeah, it was pretty cheesy. 9th-level Arcane and Divine spells, the ability to Rage (and cast spells while doing it), Tenser's Transformation 1/day as a free action with the ability to cast spells, and Wisdom bonus to AC (from that one level of monk).

The idea behind the level of monk, besides the fact that I had an extra level and didn't know what to do with it, is that since you retain all Monk abilities after changing alignment (which is not the cast for Barbarians and Rage), you could start off as a Lawful monk, then immediately change your alignment and take Barbarian. And so on.

You know that Epic Mystic Theurge doesn't work like that, right?

Brekki

First Post
Currently I'm playing an Archmage ... really the first wizard I ever played and the first character at lvl 25+

He's a LG human male wizard 5 / harper mage 5 / arcane devotee of tyr 5 / war wizard of cormyr 5 / archmage 5 / loremaster 6.

It's really a very versatile build, with free/instant uses of extend spell, enlarge spell and widen spell. Quite ok saves and lots of protection with an epic shapechange spell (monadic deva), and an epic ward vs antimagic/mordenkainens disjunction.

He's a pretty practial mage with lots of ever usefull spells. Put all-1 epic feats into improved spell capacity. Chained Maze is really nice ;) ... so is a quickened true strike combined with maximized meteor swarm.

Storyteller01

First Post
If your allowing OGL sources, then I'd use a Ranger 5/Wizard 3/Riftwalker 10 (from Dragon Mech)/Sniper 10 (from Arsenal)

Snipe you from anywhere, anytime!!! :)

Last edited:

Drakeskull

First Post
11 monk 1 cleric 10 sacrid fist

I like 11 monk 1 cleric and 10 sacrid fist. Hes a bad foo with maxed flurry of blows a high enough base attack bonus for 4 attacks ............and righteous might. He also has flying kick, powerfull charge, greater powerfull charge with a speed at 120. Next step is dire charge.

Remove ads