• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

What's your favorite Mythological/Fantasy creature or person?

WayneLigon

Adventurer
Creature: Griffon. Very cool looking, very dangerous and interesting. Close runner up: the unicorn.

Person: Cernunnous, Robin Hood, possibly Jason and/or the winged guys that adventured with him.

fusangite

First Post
Saint Christopher, before the Catholic Church started sanitizing him in the late medieval period. In the early legends of him, he was a 9' tall dog-headed man who lived for 200+ years before being martyred after losing a debate to the Emperor Decius. (Because he couldn't speak but could only bark.)

I've always been baffled by D&D's reluctance to include fairly standard medieval legendary creatures like the cynocephali (dog-headed men) who were a staple of Roman and medieval encyclopedias.

As for Loki, I have a different favourite story than Teflon Billy does. I like the one where Odin, Thor and Loki go to Utgaard to fight Loki. I hate it when people clean up Norse mythology to make it sound too rational.

mythusmage

Banned
Banned
fusangite said:
As for Loki, I have a different favourite story than Teflon Billy does. I like the one where Odin, Thor and Loki go to Utgaard to fight Loki. I hate it when people clean up Norse mythology to make it sound too rational.

Different Loki. Our Loki was sometimes referred to as "Hearthfire Loki". The giants' Loki was "Wildfire Loki". Loki on the giants' side at Ragnarok may have come about because of just such a confusion.

JRRNeiklot

First Post
Peterson said:
Hey fellow ENWorlders,

I got into a discussion with a good bud of mine, and we start talking about common/favorite mythological/fantasy creatures (or specific people).

Now, I'm wondering - what are yours?

Peterson

Zoot.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads