What's your favorite NEW story hour?

Cedious

First Post
The only story hour i read on a regular basis is my dm's story hour....
i just find it hard to read a SH all at once to get caught up with it.... mainly because i have no computer at home just at work *cries*

but heres my DM's SH http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=105247
and thankyou for your posts everyone it has given me some direction on who's SH i should start reading

Brain

First Post
The ones that I have characters in are my favorites. They are in my sig (of sound mind the halfling way and great conflicts). The Jester has been updating extremely frequently lately and does a great job of capturing the feel of his campaigns.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Dressed all in pink in a crowd of tuxedos

Crappo, I missed the don't pimp own SH notice... werp.

Rel's storyhour of Samantha the Red is both awesome and darling at the same time. :D

And there's nothing below this point...
First off thank you to those who mentioned my stuff, and let me say that in the future yugoloth hegemony, you'll be made into living petitioner wall art last.
shemmywink.gif

My 2nd campaign has a storyhour of its own that picks up a hundred fifty years after the first storyhour, but it doesn't contain any spoilers and I'll try to keep it that way as long as possible.

The 1st one, though relatively 'new' sort of breaks, spindles, punctures and folds that upper limit of views, however #2 doesn't. *wink*

#1 = lower planar politics, fiendish intrigue, a yugoloth civil war, power struggles within Sigil, and a Xaositect tiefling named Nisha, who, while never intended to be more than a bit NPC, ended up being adored by everyone involved. Very dark at times, possibly fraying Erik's Gramma's nerves at points too.

#2 = not quite as dark yet and collecting a group of much less good PCs together. Starts off with kytons and possibly mindflayers as has already been said. Throw in the sacking of Tunarath, a monologue by the Guardian of the Dead Gods, and intrigue amidst the cubes of Acheron and you've got the start of another sprawling little campaign.

Last edited:

pogre

Legend
I think a couple of authors who update regularly deserve a read :
Herreman the Wise's Story Hour

Other story hours like mortepierre's and EternalNewbie's Alqarin are well worth a read.

There are others that are fun or interesting, but these are all well written and well worth anyone's time. I honestly read almost every story hour that crops up on a regular basis.

Amazingly, 4 new story hours are coming out of little old Champaign County Illinois:
The Celestial Empire by Emperor Valerian.

Don't laugh...it's coming by Hairy Minotaur.

The Waterdeep Adventures or Kobold Soup is good eatin! by spacehulkster.

and mine.

Micah

First Post
PhoenixAsh's Adventure in the Open Skies

I think it's very well written, although I'm heavily biased. An Eberron setting (high-magic) with the adventurers crewing on an airship.

Battles, comedy, intrigue, and a singing dancing wizard who's asking for trouble. :p

Hammerhead

Explorer
I second the Eberron Skyship one. Very fun read.

Ankh-Mopork Guard's SH is also a good one.

And there was this one guy named Wulf, he had an okay one.

Enkhidu

Explorer
By the way, if you decide to pick up a new story hour because of this thread, make sure you drop a comment or two in for the author. While most people here write primarily for themselves, I don't think any of them will turn away constructive criticism, a pat on the back, or simply an "atta boy!"

Remove ads