What's your favorite NEW story hour?

Angcuru

First Post
I'll second that. It's a good morale boost for SH authors to have actual feedback instead of a simple increase in views.

hbarsquared

Quantum Chronomancer
Man, the recommendation thread for new story hours has been relegated to the second page. Any more friendly pimping, out there?

the Jester

Legend
Well, I really enjoy a number of 'lesser lights', including Droid101's thread, Rel's Tales of Samantha the Red, Buttercup's short-lived (still hoping for more!) SH, Q-Ship and the advance of the Doomed Legion (or whatever that new one I found last night is called).

Funeris

First Post
Well, I also enjoy a number of SHs, many of which have been named here. So I'll suggest one that hasn't: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=130292. This is Spider_Jerusalem's new SH. His writing and characters lured me in, so now I'm anxiously awaiting an update.

That goes for you other SH authors as well. Yes, yes I'm looking at you Shemmy, Herreman, Rel, etc. etc. etc. ............... :D

carpedavid

First Post
Of the story hours that fit the criteria here, I've recently started reading Emperor Valerian's:

http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?t=100625

He's got a very nifty and flavorful oriental campaign world which I'm sure I'll be stealing ideas from eventually.

The thing that I've recently realized, though, is that I probably wouldn't have started to read it if he hadn't posted comments in mine. That's not a comment on quality or anything - I just probably wouldn't have noticed. So, the best way to get others to read your story hour may simply be to read theirs.

the Jester

Legend
carpedavid said:
The thing that I've recently realized, though, is that I probably wouldn't have started to read it if he hadn't posted comments in mine. That's not a comment on quality or anything - I just probably wouldn't have noticed. So, the best way to get others to read your story hour may simply be to read theirs.

Absolutely true, this is how I got into Droid101's SH as well. ;)

Old One

First Post
My new favorite SH is the mini-SH Henry is writing about the exploits of his bold band during the 1-shot Grim Tales/BCCS Hybrid we ran at NC Game Day VII. But I might be a wee bit biased ;)!

FADED GLORY: Black Eyes of the Demon Scorpion

~ OO

PS - I have started reading the new "Small Beginnings" SH...which means I am going to have to go back and read the original. Sigh. And I have my own to update...too many SHs...not enough time :p!

Last edited:

Remove ads