whats your favorite stat, if you had all 13's and 1 18, where would the 18 go?

Your favorite stat: If you had 1 18 and the rest all 13's where would you put the 18.

• Poll closed .

Aristotle

First Post
Intelligence as a leader surprises me a little. I expected Dexterity to do well. And Charisma coming in third place absolutely boggles me (even though I chose it) considering the amount of arguments over its usefulness in the past and the numerous threads declaring it the 'dump stat' of the game.Great poll! Interesting results.

Andre said:
Intelligence: If this is 18, you'll have good skill points. You'd also be a good wizard (13 in all others stats is actually pretty good, though I'd rather have a higher Con and a lower Str score). No other class makes sense with this selection.

Strange as I would chose this as my stat of choice as I am most likley playing a Thief type or a Wizard both of which I view Int as the main stat.

der_kluge

Adventurer
I refuse to vote on the poll, since it's so heavily dependant on the class. I play a lot of sorcerers and clerics, so I can't choose between wisdom or charisma as the main stat. Obviously, any spellcaster with a 13 in his main stat could never cast a spell above 3rd level. That would make them a pretty awful spellcaster, well at least by the time they get to 7th level.

Plus, if I made a thief, I'd want Dex. I don't see Con or Str totally necessary for fighters or barbarians, because I could make a salvagable fighter with a 13 strength, or a salvagable barbarian with 13 con. A thief with a 13 dex would be viable as well, but a high int would be really nice if that were the case.

Still, it boils down to a tossup between the three spellcasting stats - Chr, Wis, and Int.

Berandor

lunatic
die_kluge said:
I refuse to vote on the poll, since it's so heavily dependant on the class. I play a lot of sorcerers and clerics, so I can't choose between wisdom or charisma as the main stat. Obviously, any spellcaster with a 13 in his main stat could never cast a spell above 3rd level. That would make them a pretty awful spellcaster, well at least by the time they get to 7th level.
Wizard Int 13
Level 4 - Int 14 (4th level spells)
Level 8 - Int 15 (5th level spells)
level 12 - Int 16 (that means 6th level spells at level 12 instead of 11)

At level 20, I could cast 8th level spells
and that's without a headband of intellect.

Seems fine.

Orius

Legend
Berandor said:
Wizard Int 13
Level 4 - Int 14 (4th level spells)
Level 8 - Int 15 (5th level spells)
level 12 - Int 16 (that means 6th level spells at level 12 instead of 11)

At level 20, I could cast 8th level spells
and that's without a headband of intellect.

Seems fine.

Fine? FINE? That poor wiz has to do without a number of truely important spells — meteor swarm, time stop, wish, meteor swarm, Mordenkainen's disjunction, prismatic sphere, gate, summon monster IX, wail of the banshee, meteor swarm, and chain contingency, just to name a few. No way would I want to play a wizard that nerfed.

:)

Last edited:

ph34r

First Post
Orius said:
Fine? FINE? That poor wiz has to do without a number of truely important spells — meteor swarm, time stop, wish, meteor swarm, Mordenkainen's disjunction, prismatic sphere, gate, summon monster IX, wail of the banshee, meteor swarm, and chain contingency, just to name a few. No way would I want to play a wizard that nerfed.

:)

You forgot Meteor Swarm. ;)

Driddle

First Post
First place, Intelligence, because it gives you additional skill points to build the character no matter what class you pick.

Second place, Dexterity, because it benefits your attack percentages (ranged) and your defenses.

All others attributes fall to the wayside for lack of utility in the game system.

Remove ads