D&D 5E What's your favourite enemy out of these four?

There is just something so nostalgic in me when I fight Frost Giants.

Takes me back to my AD&D days.

1594973068409.png

I can't say as I find any of those inherently interesting. I was a player in a game where the DM made very effective use of a sea hag. I've used Sahuagin because they where appropriate, but I hate the name. The disastrous computer game Sword Coast Legends made effective use of Duergar. I've never seen Frost Giants used as anything but punch bags for mid to high level parties.

Tonguez

A suffusion of yellow
Sahuagin are my go to, especially as I use islands and pirates a lot :)

I like the alien fishiness, amphibious raiders mounted on giant Manta and Sharks, their priestesses invoking Sekola while their four-armed mutants go into a bloody feeding frenzy

I can't say as I find any of those inherently interesting. I was a player in a game where the DM made very effective use of a sea hag. I've used Sahuagin because they where appropriate, but I hate the name. The disastrous computer game Sword Coast Legends made effective use of Duergar. I've never seen Frost Giants used as anything but punch bags for mid to high level parties.

Frost Giants are really interesting if you use them in a way that suits their character. Any monster is dull if you play it like a video game. In the book - which you've got a discount code for above - that's a discussion of what makes Frost Giants characterful and interesting. Short answer; they aren't stupid. They know how to use the environment, how to use their weight, etc et. Storm King's Thunder adds some characterful rules as well - but when they are played with some understanding - they can be terrifying!!

Remove ads